The Northern Lights, Polar Nights and Midnight Sun

I have always been fascinated by this natural phenomenon. I remember those times when I used to day dream seeing it, having a glass of Veuve Clicquot and some chocolate covered strawberries chatting with people and just having the ultimate chillout. (Yes I know it sounds so Cosmopolitan, hehe) and I was thinking, when will I get to see this?

They say the best place to see the Aurora Borealis or the Northern Lights is in the little town of Tromso in Norway during months of September to April. I've been making some research about it and found out that there are Northern Lights cruises that one can chose from! Exciting isn't it?







Not only that, I am much mesmerized with two more Scandanavian natural phenomenon. The Midninght Sun and the Polar Nights.

Photo taken during midnight in Scandinavia. Sun remains visible even at midnight.


Polar Night occurs when the night lasts for 24 hours.

This is such a dream destination for me. Hopefully I'd get to spend my 30th birthday there. *crossing my fingers*

Comments

Sumi Go said…
Those photos are beautiful! I hope I get to see the Northern Lights too some time in the future. Thanks for sharing! :)
Mel said…
Thanks a lot Sumi! Indeed a beautiful sight!
Ces said…
Ohhh so that is what the Northern Lights look like. So pretty! :)
Unknown said…
they say when we want something really bad, we will do everything to get it ... I'm sure you will be spending it there and that I will read about it on your blog
Mel said…
Ces - Captivating isnt it? I have always wanted to see that. I dont know but theres something about the Aurora Borealis that draws me to it.

Kay - hopefully hun! Im trying to save up for that na. Heheh.
michymichymoo said…
I'd love to go to Europe also. :)
Mel said…
Well then michy my love, let's go!!!!
michymichymoo said…
I guess I have to win the lotto first.hahaha! :)
totomai said…
maybe in the future i can see it with my own eyes too.
Mel said…
Michy my love - ipon tayo. :D


totomai - I can see that you travel alot, its very much possible that you go to Norway and see this. :) Please take good shoots of the Aurora Borealis if you do. :D

Popular Posts