My All Time Favorite Filipino Cookbooks




I have passed by the bookstore earlier to check out the cookbook that I was intending to send my bestfriend Carlo in Sydney. The man loves to cook and so I thought of sending him a good cookbook that I saw a few weeks ago. To my dismay, I wasnt able to remember the title of that Filipino cookbook which totally amazed me since it discusses the origins of each Filipino recipe per region in the Philippines.

I was feeling very disappointed since the staff cannot help me as well and so I opted to look for some other good cookbooks that I can send him. To my surprise, I saw copies of a cookbook that I remember using when I was still a little girl! Its owned by my grandma and that's what I've been reading when I was little that made me intensely interested in cooking. I was feeling ecstatic because of that and as soon as I got home, I rummaged through my moms Filipino cookbook to see if we still have the copy. Luckily she still does with other Filipino cookbooks that we have.

So, I have made a list, sharing with you 4 of my favorite Filipino Cookbooks. (including the oldest cookbook we have which we inherited from grandma, hehe.)



1. Masasarap na Lutuing Pilipino ni Aling Charing


2. Aling Charing's Filipino and Foreign Recipes by Rosario Fabian

3. Mama Sita's Cookbook

4. Everyday Cookbook


Forgive me for the cookbooks are really old and messy, of course we have been using it in the kitchen so obviously the sauces and oils made them look like that. Hehehe.

I have made my first dishes using the first cookbook and made a lot more using the others. I remember when I used to have a lot of time, I would definitely stay in the kitchen for almost the whole day making dishes from these recipe books.

Man, I miss cooking...

Comments

Ces said…
Nice! We also had the Masasarap na Lutuing Pilipino but I don't know where it is na. Hehe!
Thirdy Lopez said…
I have Mama Sita's one, too...

The first one reminded me of the one that I used when cooking, growing up but it was the one from the Daza or Danza family.

Galing no? These books lasts years!
madmader said…
My favorite cookbook is Galing Galing Philippine Cuisine by Nora and Mariles Daza... it served as my kitchen bible since I got married :) I've learned to improvise thru the years, but I always go back to this cookbook for the basics.
michymichymoo said…
I love reading my mom's cookbooks though I seldom cook. :D She loves it when I buy her modern cookbooks because she loves experimenting. :D My favorite is the Hershey's Cookbook, chocolate eh.hihi. :D
Mel said…
Ces, Thirdy, madmader and michy - glad to know you guys enjoy reading cookbooks (whether or not you guys read it lang or use it for cooking) :)
Unknown said…
I have the 3rd one. We also have recipes here at home and some of them handwritten pa. ;)
Veronica said…
I love cookbooks! What I actually love are recipes, I even buy yummy and GH magazines just for the recipes!

Popular Posts