Offbeat Cafe (The Collective, Makati)

There will be moments wherein you and your friends just want to hang out in a quiet little place without the hustle and bustle of the crowded city. It was honestly a challenge for me and some of my friends to find that kind of place. After being invited over by a blogger friend of mine for a beer tasting gathering at this small nice place called the Offbeat Cafe (which serves great burgers and also known for the infamous Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger), I have realized that this is the kind of place I would see me and friends hanging out for a nice chat and some booze.

The inside of this small cafe gives a nice homey and artsy atmosphere.


One can have a nice chat over good burgers and beers.



As a striving artist (I know my friend Dennis would hate me for claiming I am an artist, hehe) I love the fact that I can see different artworks hanging on the walls of this cafe. It pleases me to hang out on places as such and simply enjoy the ambiance which is relaxed and loose.

But the best part of this is that they serve really good quality imported beers for a very reasonable price! As a beer lover, I find such delight in choosing beers that tickles my taste buds without me spending too much. I have been around in different bars in the Metro and their beer prices are simply the most reasonable that I have encountered.




But there's no such thing as perfection. Me and my friend Aebby thought something big was lacking in this place. The smoking area! It could have been perfect if there's a small corner for smoking while enjoying some good beers and bar chows. Apparently, people who want to smoke should step out of the door and smoke outside the cafe which I find ironic since you can light up a smoke right in front of the cafe's doorstep. So near yet so far. Haha. Well as a smoker its a total turn off because it feels like youre being restrained to do what pleases you the most (smoking) while doing something else that pleases you as well (drinking) Hehe.

We were stuffed when we went there so we never really had a chance to sample their signature dishes even if we badly want to. Well, but we decided to just come back solely for the purpose of sampling their famous burgers. Looking forward to it. :D

But I really wanted to share my beer experience there which made my thoughts about this place as a great hangout place.

For the Beer Review click on these links to read!
The Beer Gallery Part 1
The Beer Gallery Part 2
The Beer Gallery Part 3

Offbeat Cafe, The Collective
The Collective, 7274 Malugay St., San Antonio Vill.
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(0916) 611-8036

Comments

michymichymoo said…
I'd love to visit The Collective. But it's so far from my work. :|
Unknown said…
at least you had fun with friends ;)
Mel said…
The collective is a pretty nice place to visit ladies. Its really nice to hang out with some friends after a hard days work. :)
Sumi Go said…
I also received an invite to this event. Wasn't able to go though because of a conflict in sched, and I'm never really a good beer-drinker to begin with.. XD Hope to meet you soon though. Maybe you can introduce me to the art of beer drinking? XD

Popular Posts