Nha Hang Ngon (Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam)




I was eying on this place ever as one of the must visits for my Saigon trip. Its strategically perfect for our city walk tour and so me and my friend decided to have our lunch here at Nha Hang Ngon.

The place offers local Vietnamese street food but in a more sanitized place like this one. It is set in an Al Fresco dining area within a beautiful French villa. Im sure this place is a hit most specially for foreigners since they would be able to try out the local street food without worrying about their tummies.



Most diners that time were tourists.


We were still very full that time since we had a double breakfast of Bhan Mi Thit which I bought from the streets of Pham Ngu Lao and we also sampled Bich Duyen's breakfast. Oh plus the fact that we were very much pissed with the guys who took us there by tuc tuc since they tricked us into paying them much more that what they initially offered us. Anyway that's another story.

Now lets take a look at the dishes that we ordered. :)


Com Tam Suon Bi Cha (VND55,000) - Vietnamese broken rice with pork chop. shredded pork skin and egg omelet.



Ca Ri Ga (VND 40,000) - Vietnamese Curry Chicken noodles.

I think both dishes were so-so. I really didn't find it amazing or delectable. Maybe we didn't chose the best option or maybe we were still at rage because of the tuc tuc drivers, hehe. But I personally think that the ones being sold on the street would taste better than what we had there. A little bit over priced than usual I think. But, I can say I don't really have to worry about food poisoning or salmonella.

Somehow I can say that this is the best place to go try Vietnamese street food especially if youre a tourist going around Ho Chi Minh. :)


Nha Hang Ngon (Ngon Restaurant)
160 Pasteur Street
District 1
Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam
Tel: +84-8-38277131

Comments

michymichymoo said…
Ate wabbit, still not used to seeing huge amounts.hahaha. :)

Anyway, seems like you had fun in Vietnam. :)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/
Mel said…
Hehe, me too. When I was there actually, sobrang gamit na gamit currency converter ko. :))

Popular Posts