La Creperie (Eastwood)


If a specialty restaurant serves good tasting food and has very courteous staff, somehow, an unfavorable incident would be disregarded. I have experienced this last night in La Creperie at Eastwood.

I was about to go home from work when my friend asked me to have coffee. Upon passing by La Creperie though, we changed our minds and decided to have crepes and omelets instead.

We were enticed by how homey the place is. Its like my own home! I love that they used soft light to illuminate the whole place making it bright but still cozy.

They serve different teas too aside from crepes.



Bright but cozy. :)

And here's what we ordered...

French Onion with Gruyere cheese (Php 185) - delectably soft, stringy gruyere cheese on top of a simple onion soup.

*DID YOU KNOW THAT- Gruyere is in the family of Swiss cheeses, a group of semi firm pale cheeses with small holes. Gruyere also carries an appellation d'origine controlee, or protected origin designation, which means that only a specific cheese can be labeled and sold as gruyere.




Campagne (Php 195) - Bacon, potato, caramelize onions, cheese and jalapeno pepper.




L'Omelette (Php 365) - fried eggs cooked fritata style on a deep dish cast iron pan with diced bacon, potato, cheese, onion and jalapeno.




Mango Hazelnut Au Chocolat (Php185) - chocolate crepe, fresh mangoes, hazelnut spread, caramel, sliced almonds and whipped cream.


**DID YOU KNOW THAT - In France, crêpes are traditionally served on Candelamas (La Chandeleur), February 2. This day was originally Virgin Mary's Blessing Day but became known as "avec Crêpe Day", referring to the tradition of offering crêpes. The belief was that if you could catch the crêpe with a frying pan after tossing it in the air with your left hand and holding a gold coin in your right hand, you would become rich that year. (source - wikipedia)


We started with the French Onion with Gruyere cheese and I must say its really really good. Well its just a simple French onion soup but since I am a lover of Gruyere cheese, Ive found this dish very very good. Its hearty, but its not salty. Not bland either. It has a balance of richness but with a clean finish.

The next dish that was served made us a little disappointed. In the middle of eating the Campagne, my friend showed me a piece of plastic that she saw inside the crepe. I immediately called the attention of a staff and asked him to take a look at it. It was really a total turn off but it breaks my heart to really be mad (even though I know we have all the right to be frantic since we found something inedible in our food) since I am really loving the place as well as the service. The staff hurriedly scanned the crepe and told us that its the bacon's plastic wrapper. He apologized right away and offered a replacement which me and my friend accepted.

I just hope that the kitchen staff will be more careful with food preparation. It could make or break the success of the business. Having an experience working in a food service industry, I totally understand that the kitchen staff has to beat the customers waiting time but more importantly is that they must do it with out most caution so as not to incorporate unwanted things in the food.

There was nothing to rave about their L'omelette. I personally love making fritatas in the morning and my morning fritata actually tasted better than what they served us, but overall I can say that its a good one. (meaning my fritata is absolutely delish! hehe)

Lastly the Mango Hazelnut Au Chocolat. Its delightfully heavenly! I love how the sides of the crepe were crunchy and I love how the ingredients, from the mangoes, the hazelnut spread and the sliced almonds are just right. Not too much but just enough to enjoy all the flavors from all the ingredients.

I like Le Creperie. Well aside from that bad incident with the plastic in the crepe. The place looks homey and very inviting. The food tastes good and the staff is very courteous and attentive.
Downside is, after eating all those eggs, I think my cholesterol level went up.


La Creperie
Eastwood Mall, Eastwood City, C-5 Rd., Libis
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines

Comments

michymichymoo said…
Woah! I miss the Mango Hazelnut Au Chocolate crepe! I remember I tried to finish the whole plate all by myself.haha. takaw! :)

http://dekaphobe.blogspot.com/
Mel said…
Takaw nga! Hehehe. Pero sarap eh diba?
MACY said…
waa i just ate lunch and these pictures made me crave again! =)
Mel said…
Hehe. Thanks for dropping by Macy. Im sure those photos look appetizing enough to entice even the fullest of the full. :)

Popular Posts