Beer-ness (The beer Friday Sessions) - 4

I said to myself that I definitely have to have a weekly Beer-ness beer Friday sessions every Friday of the month for this month in celebration of the Oktoberfest and here I am again for another session.

I will be sharing 4 beers today, 3 of which are German beer and one is a Japanese beer. Well without any further ado, let me present to you the stars of the night.

1. Erdinger Oktoberfest Weissbier
2. Erdinger Weissbier
3. Erdinger Dunkel
4. Kirin Beer

The first three beer feature were the beers that me and my friends tried during our visit in Treffpunkt Cubao-Edsa yesterday.




1. Erdinger Oktoberfest Weissbier
(Germany)
Type: Weissbier (Wheat/White beer)
Alcohol content: 5.60% aBV
Aha! thought: PROST!!!!! Oktoberbest!!!
My rating: 4

A very flavorful beer! Its nutty aroma made me drool right away. Hehe. The head is thick and white in color, the nose gives off a fruity scent, maybe kinda like lime or lemon and a hint of caramel. The beer itself is cloudy. But dang, its one celebration beer I'd love to have once again.


2. Erdinger Weissbier
(Germany)
Type: Weissbier (Wheat/White beer)
Alcohol content: 5.3% aBV
Aha! thought: Hoegaarden what???
My rating: 3.5


At first sip, Hoegaarden was on my mind. They taste pretty similar but I dont mind since I do fancy Hoegaarden anyway. I do enyoy crisp, clean finish beer and this one is also a win!


3. Erdinger Dunkel
(Germany)
Type: dunkelweissen
Alcohol content: 5.60% aBV
Aha! thought: Cervezahhhh, Negraaaahhh. :D
My rating: 4

I love this beer! Its similarity to cerveza negra made it one of my favorites from then on. The caramely taste with that very light carbonation and silky finish made it an easy drink. I am in love with this dunkelweissen. :)


4. Kirin Beer
(Japan)
Type: American Pale Lager
Alcohol content: 5.00% aBV
Aha! thought: A bit Stella Artois-y. BORING!
My rating: 2.5


Another crisp beer but nothing too special. The nose gives a hint of fruit and malt, the taste, again is very crisp but there is a pretty decent bitter aftertaste. Kinda watery after swallowing though. Another so-so beer for me.


I will be back again next weekend as I try to find local beers around Pagdpud for I will be there if the weather permits. :) Enjoy Friday! PROST!!!

For more Beer-ness Friday sessions, just click THIS! :D

Comments

Popular Posts