Fridate with the Girls at Gigi Coffee and Cupcakes (Eastwood)




Friday nights would usually be the girl bonding nights with my co workers and last night was I would think one of the sweetest Friday date I had with them. We had our dinner and opted to end the night with some sweet treats at this new coffee place near our office.

I have noticed a new cozy coffee shop that recently just opened inside Eastwood. At first, I wasn't certain if this place called Gigi is owned by Ms. Gigi Gaerlan who made this very very delightful sweet treats called custaroons but with a little research I made, this place carries the name of the innovator of that little custaroon gem. Having known that fact, I was sure that they offer great tasting goodies in there.

Gigi's Coffee and Cupcakes looks like a place you can hang out, relax and have that chit chat with your friends. Upon entering, we were greeted by the friendly staff which attended to us and answered all our queries about their vast selection of those small sweet treats. I was talking to one of the attendants whom I think is one of the owners (or atleast related to the owner) since I was asking for the very famous custaroons. He apologetically told me that they dont sell those in there since they just wanted to specialize in selling their cupcakes. I immediately asked for the Red Velvet Cupcake but to my disappointment, it was already out of stock. He said they didn't expect it would be gone from the display soon. My heart was a little broken (a little lang naman) but I was not discouraged because of other choices available on display.





That's my lovely friend Imee smiling and passing by as I took some shots
of the place.

It was indeed a cupcake heaven! I was blown away by the choices they offer. They have some very interesting offerings like the Sea Salt Chocolate Cupcake, and Green Tea Cupcake for the adventurous palate and Cappuccino, Cookies and Cream, Cinnamon and Red Velvet (which is basically their best seller) for the old fashioned tastebuds.




Aside from cupcakes, they also serve quite a few coffee concoctions. Let me share now the cupcakes and coffee we have sampled.


Sea Salt Chocolate (Php 40)
I love this cupcake! It tickles your taste buds as it plays first with the salty flavor coming from the sea salt, then the sweetness and richness of the chocolate. Its peculiar to eat a first bite but as you go along and bite some more, you'll find yourself wanting that weird mixture of tastes. Its a delight in every bite.



Green Tea (Php 40)
The Green Tea Cupcake is also a delight. It has that somehow bitter taste of the green tea but with the sweetness of the cupcake itself. The cake is super buttery and moist. I love it as well.


Cookies and Cream (Php 40)
The Cookies and Cream Cupcake is also a pleasure to eat. Its all sweet but the sweetness coming from the cake, the chocolate chips and the cream is clearly distinguishable.



Cappuccino (Php 40)
This cupcake will win the hearts of coffee lovers. The cupcake is buttery, moist and soft (actually all their cupcakes are like that) and the coffee based frosting is a winner.



Cookies and Cream Frappe (Php 95)



White Mocha and Iced Mocha (Php 90 each)
These two coffee concoctions are delish! I love the rich coffee taste and its not too sweet which I definitely like.




Iberica Coffee Vietnamese Drip (Php 80)
Im a sucker for Vietnamese coffee. I'm a big Ca Phe Sua Da fan, and that is the reason why I tried sampling their Vietnamese drip coffee. It was not bad at all but I was hoping that the coffee beans are stronger than what they have actually used. The ratio of the condensed milk and the coffee seemed not to be appropriate for my taste for the condensed milk overpowered the coffee thus making the whole cup too sweet.

I love the entire experience at Gigi's. I love how friendly their staff are, I love how cozy the place is, and most of all I love their cupcakes! Seriously, I'm not a big fan of desserts but I was enchanted in every bite of their cupcakes. I wish there's that Red Velvet cupcake on my next visit.

***I wanted to thank the girls, Ina, Imee and Hanna for making last night the sweetest Friday I have this month. More Fridates to come ladies!



These cupcakes brought out my sweet tooth!


Gigi Coffee and Cupcakes
5 Eastwood Avenue
Eastwood City, Libis QC


Comments

michymichymoo said…
I'm not much into cupcakes but the Sea Salt Chocolate looks really good! :)

http://www.dekaphobe.com/
i♥pinkc00kies said…
cappuccino and peanut butter looks yummmmm
Alexis Mendoza said…
Sea Salt Chocolate. What an intriguing mix! Can't wait to try it! :D

Popular Posts