Wellcome Hotel (Cebu City)

Photo from Wellcomehotel.com

I would never want to compromise comfort even when I am traveling on a budget. Finding Wellcome hotel in Cebu city gave me and my family an opportunity to relax and enjoy good hotel amenities on a budget. To celebrate mom's 60th birthday, we decided to revisit the Queen City of the South. Finding a hotel is a challenge since there are a lot to chose from in Cebu city. I chose Wellcome hotel for its price and great reviews, both from Tripadvisor and Agoda. 

I made my reservation through their website months before our stay and I was attended to by the staff, ever so promptly, accommodating my requests and immediately responded to my inquiries. I booked a Deluxe Room with one queen size bed and one single bed for Php 2400 a night. The rate comes with complimentary buffet breakfast for 2 and free wifi access which works great in almost anywhere in the hotel premises. 

Deluxe Room (Php 2400 / night)


Bathroom

Complimentary Toiletries 

The room is spic and span and spacious. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and the sheets smells really good!  The colors in the room though are a bit monotonous and bland since its mostly white. I guess a little splash of color, perhaps artworks or more dramatic lighting could help, but the room, nevertheless is pleasant and welcoming. One more thing I love about the room is that it has a lot of available power outlets. There are also specific buttons for laundry, DND (do not disturb), etc, and every switch inside the room is within reach. Very helpful for someone lazy like me. :) 

I asked Bruce via email to prepare a little surprise for my mom. I noted that he could prepare either a small balloon arrangement, a cake or a bunch of flowers. We were all happy to see this in our room as we enter. My mom was delighted. :)


Happy 60th, Ma! 

It was raining the entire time when we are in Cebu. We weren't able to use their dipping pool but mom never missed the chance to pose for the camera in the pool area. The pool is tiny, so don't expect you can do your lapses there. It is perfect though for people who wanted to just dip in the pool and relax after touring the city. There is also a tiny Gym with a few gym equipments before the pool area entrance door. 


Pool Area

Pool Area
Loungers

Breakfast buffet is served in their mezzanine restaurant called Yollees Resto. I added an additional Php200 for buffet breakfast per day since the room only provided 2 complimentary breakfast.  I failed to take a photo of how the buffet spread looked like but its not that much. Just the staple Filipino breakfast, bread with jams and spreads, pancakes, fresh fruits, fruit juice and coffee. In my 2 day stay, I saw chicken adobo, hotdogs, ham, and scrambled eggs to name a few viands. 

The hotel also has a free shuttle service to and from Ayala Center and SM Cebu. Just inform the front desk folks that you'd be needing to go to those places and they will courteously assist you. Speaking of the staff, I think what made my stay in this hotel a good one is the service. I love how the front desk and the rest of the staff attends to any of my requests and did it promptly. Superb customer service! 

Some tips: 
- Takes around an 45 mins to an hour from Mactan International Airport. Cab costs around Php 250 - 300 (white taxi). You can opt for their airport transfers service for Php 500. 
- Most cabbies know where this hotel is situated, but, always be ready with the address just in case. 
- Around 5 - 10 minutes walk to Ayala Center. 
- Shuttle service to and from Ayala Center and SM  is for free, just ask the front desk for assistance. 
- One can leave their baggage even after checkout, if in case you need to do some last minute pasalubong shopping or will take a city tour. 


I will certainly be back in this hotel next time I visit Cebu city. Fantastic accommodation and service in a very affordable price. Will give it 4/5. :) 


Wellcome Hotel 
18 Molave St. Cebu City
Website: http://wellcomehotel.com/
Facebook: WellCome Hotel - Cebu 
Contact Number : +63 32 417 1580

Comments

CEBU Hotel said…
When someone writes an article he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of 
it. So that's why this piece of writing is perfect. Thanks!

Popular Posts