Be Resorts (Mactan)

Be Resorts Mactan

I badly wanted to stay in Shangri - la Mactan even for a night but my pocket refuses to coordinate. Abaca is way too expensive as well. Movenpick is a little out of the budget too, knowing how much of a penny pincher I am. Crimson declined my reservation for the supposed dates I'll be staying in Mactan. Those circumstances left me with my last choice, which is to stay in Be Resorts.

I have coordinated with Be Resorts, months before my date of stay. I reserved a Be Cool Standard room which costs me around Php 7000 for three persons with buffet breakfast. Judging from the photos online, both from their website and their Facebook page, the rooms and the amenities are quite fine. However, the reviews from Agoda and Tripadvisor worried me a bit. A lot of previous clients complained of poor service from the staff. But with fingers crossed, I still pushed through with it since I have left with no choice.

My stay in Wellcome Hotel in Cebu city was superb and I was a little pessimistic about the things that will happen as soon as we transfer to Be Resorts. I even called them a few hours before check in just to make sure that my room is ready and available for us the moment we get there.

It took us about an hour from Cebu City to Be Resorts. We arrived at exactly 2:00 PM which is their check in time and it was a surprise for me to experience a speedy check in upon arrival. Though at first, we were given a room on the 1st floor and told me that we have to wait for 30 more minutes if we want rooms in the higher floors. I agreed since I wanted a room with a good view. As expected, mom made good use of the waiting time to pose together with the fabulous Kenneth Cobonpue creations.



Bagay yung kulay ng damit mo, Ma! 

There were a lot of Asian guests (Japanese, Chinese and Koreans, UGH!) during our stay. It was a Saturday when we checked in and I asked the front desk staff if they were all staying in the hotel and answered me that they do not. Most of them are just availing their Day Use and will be staying in the hotel until 6 PM. I said, THANK GOD! (Yeah, I obviously hate them)

We were finally assisted to our room after less than 30 minutes.


Be Cool Standard Room with 2 Queen sized Bed




Toilet and Bath


Towels and Toiletries

The room is pretty basic with two queen size bed, flat screen tv, personal fridge, cabinet, and safety deposit box. The beds and pillows are comfortable. Toiletries and towels (which is huuuuuuuge and I totally love it!) are available inside the toilet and bath. The room key card though did not really work for power supply in the room. We left the room to have dinner in Manna SuTuKil and removed the card from the power outlet only coming back seeing the lights and A/C is still turned on even if I haven't inserted the card in the dock.

It was raining really hard when we were there and that spoiled my supposed moment at the beach. Mom and I hanged out though at their bar, braving the rains. We tried our very best to enjoy the place. I ordered a beer and mom a fruit shake. Local beers costs around Php 90 per can and their fruit shakes from Php 150 - 200.


Dali, Ma smile! Habang hindi pa umuulan ulit! 

Fruit Shakes pa din kahit malamig!

The wait staff are all attentive. Kudos to them! Another surprise for me. The reviewers in Tripadvisor must have been just unlucky or the service already did improve. As of that moment, I was satisfied. My pessimism  about having a bad experience somehow slowly dissipates the longer the time I spend in the hotel.

We slept quite early that night since there was nothing left for us to do. I went down for a beer and still saw a lot of guests having drinks and dinner in their dining area. I decided to retire with high hopes that the following day's weather will be more beach friendly.

Alas! Though not sunny, the rain stopped the following day. We started  our day early by indulging in their Breakfast Buffet near the pool area. I was not able to take some photos of the buffet spread since I was not really in the mood to take photos that morning but the buffet spread includes a salad and soup bar, hot dishes section that serves beef tapa, corned beef, fried chicken, asian noodles, and veggies. There's also an omelette section where you can ask someone to prepare omelettes to your own liking. A bread and cereal section is also available serving different kinds of breads, spreads and cereals. Their breakfast buffet starts at 6 in the morning and closes at 10 AM.


Mama enjoying her sumptuous breakky! 

We finished our breakfast just in time the swimming pool opens. They close the pool from 10:00 PM and opens it the following day at 7:00 AM. We had the pool by ourselves and most of the amenities of the resort since I guess 7 AM was too early for the other hotel guests. Good for us early birds!


Cobonpue Chairs

Another Cobonpue Creation

Last na yan Ma ha? :)

Yey! No rain!

Yeah, my camera loves my mom very much, or it's the other way around? :P

Mom and I enjoying the beach.

Loungers at the beach front

The Beach Bar and Kiddie Pool

Ma and I were able to spend a few hours at the beach, just chillin' and swimming in their infinity pool. Day use guests and other hotel guests came in at around 9 AM and the place started to get crowded. I was at least satisfied that it didn't rain that morning. 

We checked out at around 10:30 AM and it was again surprising that the check out was also a walk in the park. Then I knew that I should have not worried about the service in the first place. Their customer service is really good in my opinion, plus the rates are quite affordable considering this resort is at the same strip as Shang, Movenpick and Abaca (which by the way sitting right beside Be Resorts). 

Shall I come back again here? Certainly! I would be making sure though that in my next visit, the weather will give me tan lines. 

Be Resorts
Punta Engano Road
Mactan,Cebu
Website : http://www.beresorts.com/
Facebook : Be Resots Mactan
Contact number : (032) 236 8888


Comments

Unknown said…
This looks like a place I would love to spend my vacation in! How was the Breakfast buffet though? Was it good?
Mel said…
Hi Geoffrey,

This is your best bet if youre on a budget considering this is cheapest among the neighboring hotels such as Abaca, Movenpick and Shang which is on the same strip. Breakfast was ok, choices are quite sumptuous but nothing out of the ordinary. Let me know your experience when you decide to visit this hotel. :)
Unknown said…
Is public transportation easy when you stayed at Be Resort?
Im just after some of the restaurants nearby, and of course Zubuchon store in Marina Mall.
Mel said…
Hi Malou,

You can easily get a cab from the resort. You must visit Manna STK nearby if you want to get the freshest seafood. :)
Unknown said…
This is where we had our reception few years ago.. a nice and cozy place to spend a weekend!
Veronica said…
We are scheduled to visit Cebu and stay at the Be Resorts this May 2016. I have with me my mom, sis and two kids. Thanks for this blog lalo kaming na excite. :)
Mel said…
Hi Veronica,

I'm equally excited for you! Please let us know how your vacation went. Have fun!

Popular Posts