STK Ta Bay! Sa Paulito's Seafood House (Cebu City)


What a long name for a resto! 

I saw STK ta Bay! making it to the list of  "Ang Pinaka" Yummies in Cebu episode. This made it to my own personal list since I know mom craves for fresh sea foods and I crave for affordable food. STK by the way means Sugba (grill), Tula (a mild soup), Kilaw (prepare like a ceviche) in Cebuano. 

We took a cab from SM Cebu after buying some pasalubong. I asked the cabbie to bring us to STK ta Bay! and showed him the street address that Google gave me, which apparently was a wrong move. Google gave the address #6 A. Climaco St. Cebu City but was surprised to find out that that street was a short alley with residential houses. Apparently, I gave the wrong address which was supposed to be #6 Orchid St, Capitol Site, Cebu City. The restaurant is tucked in a quiet residential area near Capitol Site. I suggest you use Waze on your way there for easy navigation. We arrived at around 11:30 in the morning, and was seated right away. The place became packed a few minutes after we got seated, so better be early if you plan to eat lunch or dinner there.

I love the homey feel of the restaurant and how prompt the service is. The wait staff are all very attentive to everybody's needs. 






We never wasted a single moment and scan the menu right away. It was difficult to chose from their wide array of fresh seafood dishes. After some minutes, we decided to pick some dishes that we all agreed to. Here's what we ordered. 


Baked Scallops (PHP 110)

We ordered the Baked Scallops for starters. It is succulent and cheesy! I would totally recommend this to start to your meal. 


Fish Sinigang - 2 pcs (PHP 130)

The fish is fresh as well as the vegetables in the soup. The sour taste of sinigang is unbeatable which makes this dish a classic Filipino specialty. 


Kinilaw with Gata (PHP 135)

Pa wanted kinilaw and we all loved their version. Mom is from Borongan, Samar and I grew up eating different types of Kinilaw dish. Their version is not that foreign to me because mom used to prepare the same kinilaw recipe. But, sorry mom, I think their version is 1 notch higher than yours. :) 


 Sizzling Pork Sisig with Egg ( PHP 170) 

This perhaps is the only dish that we ordered which I didn't like much. I guess its because I am a fan of crispy sisig and their version is on the opposite. 


Shrimps in Palanganita (PHP 150)

Their serving for this one is a lot! I love the sweet-spicy dipping sauce that came with it. The shrimps are deep fried to perfection. Best of all it is very affordable. For 150 pesos? This is definitely a steal. 


Seafood Fried Rice (PHP 180)

Yum yum yum yum! I love their Seafood Fried Rice and this one is a complete meal itself. The fried rice is tasty with bits of sea foods, veggies and scrambled egg. This platter of rice is meant for sharing, probably enough for 3-4 people. Well, just 3. Their food is delectable, I'm sure you'll be needing more rice. :) 

They also serve sodas in big bottles. We asked for a 1.5 liter Coke and it was served to us with a bucket of ice. I, however forgot how much it is but it is good to order especially if the whole family is dining. 

Everything we ate was delicious. STK Ta Bay! should always be in your list of places to eat when in Cebu. I would definitely be back there soon! 

STK Ta Bay! Sa Paulito's Seafood House
#6 Orchid St., Capitol Site
Cebu City
Website : http://stktabay.com/
Facebook : STK Ta Bay!
Contact Number : (032) 256 2700

Comments

Popular Posts