Nav Modern Thai Cuisine (Pasig)



One night, when my schedule was indeed hectic and Metro Manila traffic is at its worst, the food group decided to meet up once more for dinner to try out this Thai resto in Pasig. Im a fan of Thai cuisine and getting some that night is indeed something that I cannot miss. So even if I was exhausted and the traffic is bad, I still went there to guttle in with my favorite foodies.

Nav is very easy to locate. Its just right in front The new Ace Water Spa in Pasig. and you cant miss it though the place is very tiny.

The interior is very simple and yet cozy. Can perhaps accommodate around 20 people inside with no smoking area. It has that minimalist design which worked perfectly well. The design was able to utilize the space very well.



Now since I told you that I was late that time, Ive only sampled some of the dishes that they ordered. Here are some of them.


Nav's Bagoong Rice (Php 225) - a little too salty for my taste.


Nav's Pad Thai (Php 280) - its a good Pad Thai, though I cannot really say wow.


Penang Curry Beef Brisket (Php 420) - something that I really like in Nav! The beef is perfectly cooked and the curry sauce is fantastic! I can taste the lemongrass and coconut milk which blended really well with the beef.

Tom Yum Goong (Php 279) - I love their Tom Yum! Not to sour, not too hot (according to my tastebuds) *
this photo btw is a serving on my small bowl since I arrived late. I wasnt able to take a photo of the dish while my co foodies devoured in it. :D


Whole Crispy Tilapia Chili Spiked Tamarind Sauce (seasonal price) - I wasnt that impressed. I was a bit disappointed since I was not able to taste the tamarind flavor very much. The sauce for me is the typical chili sauce you can buy in bottles found in groceries.


Wok Fried Sqiud, Sweet Soy, Chili, Galangal (Php 260) - not my favorite either. Too sweet for me. Can pass as a desert even! Hehe.


Most of the food that we ordered are good, but some are not really that good. Most of it I would say is very salty (maybe they can tell the cook to take it easy on the salt.) The prices are reasonable considering the serving size. The waiters are very attentive as well and thats a plus for them.

By the way, our group was given complimentary desserts! How cool is that?!

Taro Mash Crepe Sweet Milk (Php 145) - I love this dessert! Im a fan of taro thats why. Well the crepe is filled with sweet mashed taro served warm with condensed milk and nuts I think, on top. This is a winner!

Pandan Creme (Php 140) - woudnt pass as a creme for me. The texture isnt that creamy and its like they used an artificial pandan flavoring and food color for it.


My experience in Nav is pretty awesome. Well my friends are there thats why. But for a culinary judgement, I think that Nav needs to be constant and needs to improve some of the dishes that they offer. For me the experience is quite extreme. If the dish is very good it means that its very very good. But if its something bad then its really bad.

Oh well, id like to come back there again sometime soon to sample other dishes that they offer.


Nav - Modern Thai Cuisine,
16-C, United St.
Pasig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 655-8395

Comments

michymichymoo said…
Ate wabbit you're so quick! I haven't even done a draft for Nav yet.haha. :)

Nice seeing you! and see you soon! ;)
Mel said…
I just took advantage of my free time. I was even very sleepy when I wrote this. Hehehe. See you again next week! :D
Unknown said…
I've been hearing a lot of good things about Nav. Not really a fan of Thai food but it sure peaked my interest.

Btw, if you're lookinf for really unusual rice versions, you should try Fely J's dilid rice. It's very good. =)
Roni Flores said…
Great to see a lot of Asian cuisine on your blog. Keep it up!

By the way... dedicated a post to your PEX group on allovermarikina. Love you guys! XOXO

Popular Posts