Numa - Nigella Lawson! (recipes from the kitchen pantry)


Last Monday and Tuesday were meant for spending my free time in the kitchen to test if my cooking prowess still lives on. Scavenged the pantry and found available ingredients and VIOLA! Instant Nigella Lawson-ish scene in the kitchen.

Enough about the yada yada and let it on with the dish. Lets start shall we?



Penne with Creamy Pesto sauce and Fried Sardines
500 g Penne Rigate cooked
1 pack Mc Cormick Pesto sauce mix
1/4 c Heavy cream
1 can Spanish Sardines (fry in its own oil)
rosemary
basil
cheese

Mix everything together in medium heat then eat!




Penne with Sweet Style Red Sauce
500g Penne Rigate
1 pack small Tomato Paste
1 pack small Tomato sauce
1/4 K Ground beef
5 pcs Hotdogs
1/4 C milk
basil
salt
pepper
cilantro
Cheese


Cook penne. Mix everything in the pan and simmer. Dump in the pasta, mix, grate the cheese and thats it!





American Rice Rolls (Spam, Eggs, Cheese and Rice)
Spam
Scrambled Egg
Cheddar Cheese
Rice
Sesame oil
Sesame seeds
Nori wrapper

Mix the sesame seeds and sesame oil in the rice. Lay the nori, then the rice then place the spam, cheese and eggs on the center then roll, say ahh then munch!





Vienna Sausage and Jalapeno Corndogs
1 can Vienna Sausage
1 C Pancake Mix
1 egg
1/4 C milk
2 tbsp oil
Jalapenos
mustard
catsup

Make batter according to the pancake mix's direction. Try to insert the thinly sliced jalapenos inside the vienna sausage (of course you need to make an insertion to the weineier first so the Jalapenos would fit it) Dip the sausages in the batter and deep friend till golden brown. Serve withe mustard and catsup. YUM!!!!


The kitchen was friendly to me that time and so I can say I have produced quite good dishes. I wish to cook again! Now pwede na ba kong mag asawa? :D

Comments

carl said…
yum yum on the pesto :D sinumpa ko yan pesto dati dahil di ko maexplain yung lasa ng first pesto nakain ko, change of heart when my dear friend cooked pesto last sunday, now im inlove hehehe; thanks sa instructions!
michymichymoo said…
Nice one ate Mel! :) Paturo naman magluto.hehe. :) Gusto ko itry yung pesto.
Mel said…
Carl - me too! The first time I tried pesto medyo hindi ko nagustuhan, but I tried cooking it myself and it so happened masarap naman pala sya. Just add cream para mas pleasing to the palate. :) Enjoy cooking!

michy - sure luto tayo minsan! We can propose a cookout for the food group. Kanya kanyang dihses to cook. :)
madmader said…
wabbitty... I'd like to try the Vienna corndogs... what brand of vienna sausage did you use? meron kasing hindi masarap:( ... and did you used fresh jalapeños or bottled in vinegar? Thanks!
michymichymoo said…
Sure ate Mel! San kayo tayo pwede maluto?hehe :)
Mel said…
madmader - i used the libby's vienna sausage, the blue one. then I used the bottled jalapenos. :) pahirapan nga lang ilagay sa gitna yun jalapenos.:D

michy - sa kaninong bahay na pwede magpagamit ng kitchen. hihihi!
A said…
Those corndogs look tempting. I should stop checking out blogs with lots of food-related posts, else I'd forget that I'm trying to maintain my weight. LOL.
Mel said…
Aria honey I dont think youll ever get "un-gorgeous" even if you look at the pics, then crave then eat it eventually. :))

Popular Posts