Food Trip Asia! (Malaysia)

That one day trip in Kuala Lumpur actually sufficed my hunger for authentic Malay cuisine. Since our time in KL is very limited, and as much as we wanted to try the authentic restaurants and street foods, we just ended up eating at Suria KLCC's food court. But I'm tellin you guys, I have tasted the best Daging Rendang here.

The group really wanted to have Nasi Lemak for lunch and we have found a great spot in the food court close to two of the food stalls that serves great Malaysian cuisine. We even find the Nasi Lemak stall's name funny because it has the word "adik" in it but later on realized it wasnt a joke when we actually find the flavors of their food addicting. By the way, adik in Malay is siblings I think so its not really associated with addiction. Hehe.

Nasi lemak is rice steamed with coconut milk to give it a rich fragrance, and served with fried anchovies, peanuts, sliced cucumber, hard boiled eggs and a spicy chilli paste known as sambal




Nasi Lemak Daging Rendang - Nasi Lemak Combo with Beef Rendang. I uber love the sambal and the crispy dilis that goes with it!



Nasi Lemak Sampatak - Nasi Lemak combo with a semi-spicy sauce topped in fried stingrey.






Mee Bandung Muar - consisted of only noodles and eggs besides of its soup made of the mixture of chilli, onion, spices, and dried shrimp. The taste resembles Kare - kare because of its peanut sauce mixture incorporated in the soup.



Our lunch was totally awesome and I was satisfied with the dishes that we ordered. The food provided us with enough energy for our photo ops in Petronas Towers and Batu Caves.

Before leaving Suria KLCC to go outside and see the towers, we passed by Roti Boy and decided to have a sweet dessert of roti.



Batu Caves

As we were strolling around Batu Cave, I saw a corner full of Indian muchies and decided to sample some of it. They have different kind of goodies such as dried soya beans and mixed nuts.



But what attracted me is actually the freshly fried murukku or chakli as what others call it! The man even showed me how its cooked! Since I know that the murukku they're selling is freshly cooked, I decided to bring a bag back home! Yum!

Murukku is typically made from a mixture of urad and rice flour, salt, and flavourings such as chili, asafoetida, ajawain, cumin and other spices. Cooked deep fried, this snack tastes like potato chips with foreign flavors in it.

Malaysian cuisine is very flavorful and it overwhelmed my senses in a very good way. Their cuisine is derived from many influences such as Malays, Indians, and Chinese to name a few. For a foodie like me, I would say that Malaysian cuisine is not bad at all. Will actually recommend this to my fellow foodies!

Comments

Popular Posts