Unfinished Business in Bangkok, Thailand (Part 1)

 

I know it took me quite some time to do this entry, and this time under a re-branded blog. I had to think of a way to make myself go to a place of serenity despite all the troubles the Covid-19 pandemic brought about. So here I am reminiscing a trip I made 2 years ago.

It was a tri-country, Indochina trip which I thought was long overdue. Yet another birthday trip that I thougth I will not forget, and boy oh boy I was not wrong. The following 25 days have been full of surprises and ups and downs. Note that since I made this trip pre-Covid, it could be that some of the establishments, like hotels and restaurants may not be operational anymore. 

Started my journey at my first stop, Bangkok, Thailand. 

Morning Cebu Pacific Flight from Manila



I left the Manila feeling a lot tired. I was not in my usual giddy personality as how I was in my previous travels. I feel like something is not quite right. Did I left something at home? Did I miss any of my hotel and tour reservations? Did I bring enought cash? Did I answer all important emails that I need to attend to? WHAT IS IT THAT I AM MISSING? 

I boarded the flight to Bangkok with all those things in mind but I try my very best to just shut it off and enjoyed the trip ahead of me. Besides, I have planned for this trip for months, and now that all my hard work is coming to fruition, the least I should do is worry about nothing. 


Bye, Manila!

I arrived in a humid Bangkok feeling nauseaous and extremely tired. However, the thought of being in another country gave me a jolt of energy, so I tried my very best to ignore what I am feeling physically and pressed forward. I need to think about a lot if things since I am traveling alone. I had to go get my suitcase, then look for the Klook booth to get my sim, which I purchased ahead of time. 

Getting the Suitcase


Suvarnabhumi Airport

I first had to find the Klook booth located near the airport train station which is a few floors below this main airport area shown in the photo. I intend to book a Grab ride (asian version of Uber) to my hotel in Khao San so it is important that I get my sim first. The Klook booth is quite easy to locate, got my sim card which the lady in the booth helped me activate. I checked Grab and found out that it would cost me more than what I had intended to pay so I just decided to go take the Bangkok Airport Rail Link  to the city and get off the last station which is Pyah Thai and then book a Grab ride to Green House Hotel in Khao San. I brought a few Thai Baht with me but I had to break the bill so I went to check what I can buy from 7-11, which actually became a fun activity of mine during my whole stay in Bangkok. 

They have really good food selection! 7-11 PH, ano na?!
 
EST Cola, because Bambam! lol 

Hi Bambam! #GOT7Forever

I ended up buying a sandwhich and bottled tea. I proceeded to the Bangkok Airport Link, bought my ticket, and went to a 30 minute journey to the city. I remember still feeling exhausted and also developed a bad migraine. I just really want to go to my hotel room and take a rest. Bangkok weather is not helping at all as well. It was soooooo hot and humid that I almost question my sanity as I have lived my whole life in a tropical country and should be well acquainted with the heat. But this is something, I thought! Upon arriving at Pyah Thai Station, I hurriedly book a Grab ride to my hotel, but upon arriving, I was told that I needed to wait for about an hour more because the room is still being cleaned. I waited at the hotel restaurant while I tried to think of my first impressions about Bangkok. All I could ever think of is that it is so so hot and that I needed to rest. I feel bad for not being able to think a lot about how magnificent the atmosphere of Khao San is, or how friendly my Grab driver was, or how delicious the 7-11 sandwich. All I could ever think of is resting. I feel like I am trully in deep trouble as I have developed migraine and my hyper acidity is really acting up. I slept as soon as I got in my room hoping I would wake up refreshed and rested. I was totally wrong. 

It was dark upon waking up and all I know is that I am still feeling very sick. I needed to take the hyperacidity medicine so I would be able to eat. I mean, I was there to really eat in the first place, and I would never let the opportunity pass like that because I am sick! Rushed into the nearest pharmacy and bought myself a box of tummy meds to get by. 


Help! Please?! Heeeeelp!

I then proceeded to eat something from the hotel restaurant. I was so excited to eat that I forgot what I ordered would aggravate my hyper acidity! Ugh! The Thai Basil dish was to die for! But I also almost died from tummy ache a few hours after I finished eating it. 


So Good but so so Bad for my tummy. :( 

I initially planned to go around Khao San on my first night, but I was so sick that I had to just cancel everything off and just go to bed and sleep, hoping it would make me better so I can go full throttle with my tour plans the following day. Little did I know, that it will become one of the scariest event of my life. The following day was a nightmare no one traveling alone in a different country could ever want to happen. 

Read Part 2 here!

Read my Bangkok Thailand Adventures here: 

Comments

Popular Posts