Green House Hostel (Bangkok, Thailand)



Choosing a hotel in my travels has never been easy. A lot of things should be considered like the proximity to the places I wanted to visit, the reviews from previous customers, the cost, the cleanliness, and most of all the comforts I will get during my stay. There are indeed a lot of really great places to stay in Bangkok, with the city's abundance of hotels and accommodation. For this particular trip, I intend to choose a hotel in Bangkok that would fit my budget since this stay is just a part of my tri-country tour. I wanted a hotel that is near the palaces and temples and the buzzling party district of Khao San, but at the same time quiet enough for me to have a good night sleep. Green House is indeed what I was looking for! 

I arrived in the hotel past 11 in the morning after taking a morning flight from Manila to Bangkok. It was a hot and humid day and I cannot really wait to get in a cold air conditioned room. I was greeted by a nice lady at the reception and asked for my passport and reservation details. While all of that is happening, a gentleman approached me and asked me if I am Pinay and of course I said yes! Apparently he is the manager of the hotel and he is also a Kabayan! Such luck! I felt more comfortable and relaxed knowing I have a fellow Filipino within arms reach. I waited for about an hour for the room to be ready and got in as soon as it was. I booked for a Double Room that costs me about Php 1200 a night. I was given a room on the third floor facing Rambutri street where all the action is happening







The room is very basic with a double bed, table and chairs, small television and good air conditioning unit to give comfort after going out in the very hot and humid Bangkok. The room also has a toilet and shower with hot water system. Although very basic, everything is working well and comfortable. 

They offer other different types of room depending on your budget. I saw that they have dorm rooms for backpackers and family rooms as well. There is a fantastic restaurant and bar in this hostel that serves great Thai food and international dishes as well. I spent most of my meals in their restaurant simply because they offer 10% off for staying guests! Such as steal! 


The restaurant as seen from the street. (Image from Tripadvisor.com)
Yummy breakky before my scary hospital experience. Haha! But that will be on the next blog! 


Superb Thai Chicken Basil dish for dinner, with a refreshing coconut cocktail! 

Green House is located in Soi Rambutri which is just adjacent to the very famous Khao San Road where people go to party. It is also a couple of kilometers away from the famous Grand Palace, Wat Phra, and Wat Arun. There is an abundance of restaurants, pharmacies, convenience store, ATM, souvenir shops, and anything else you can think of. 

But the best part of my stay is actually meeting a new friend who took care of me when I had some hard time during my stay. Ed, my kababayan and the manager of the hotel who took really good care of me while I was there. See, I had panic attacks (unknown to me during that time) that happened in the first two days of my stay. He took care of me and even assisted me in going to the emergency room of a hospital to get checked. He always makes sure I am feeling well and that my needs are met during my stay. I never really had a chance to go around the city since I was sick, but he was there to chat with me and make sure I am still having a grand time in Bangkok. If you are Pinoy planning to stay in this hostel, you can reach out to him for any help. 

 Thank you, Ed! You are such an angel! 




I love you so much and thank you for being such a great friend! <3 i="">
I am planning to go back to Bangkok very soon for a lot of unfinished business and I am definitely staying in Green House again! 

Khaosan Green House Hostel 
84 Rambutri st, Talat Yot, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
 +66 2 281 4293
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Green-House-Bkk-103464359695854/

Comments

Popular Posts