Stunning Sagada



The beach has always been my go-to destination when in dire need of vacation. However, the mountainous charm of Sagada cannot be missed. It entices the adventurer in anyone who sets foot in it. The serenity of the place is something that no other places I have visited had offered.

My friend Bon and I hopped into a bus bound for Baguio and took the 5 hour trip from Manila. Victory Liner have regular trips to Baguio from any of their bus terminals around the Metro. Bon and I took the 12MN bus from their Cubao terminal. One way ticket costs Php 450 plus. 

As soon as we arrived in Baguio, we hurriedly went to the Dangwa Terminal to catch the Sagada bound bus. Note that there are no reservations for this trip so better hurry to get a good seat. We paid Php 220 and voyaged to Sagada for around 6 hours. Yes, 6 hours of bumpy ride full of winding roads. But the view is the reward itself so I had no right to complain. 

Sakto, we arrived in Sagada by lunch time and immediately checked in to George Guest House. 




We arrived at the hostel and the caretaker welcomed us and showed us the room. For PHP 600, the room can accommodate 2 pax. The room has 2 double beds, a private bathroom with hot and cold shower, and a terrace with a fantastic view. :) 

If you need a guide for the tours and car for rent to go around, just ask the kuya from the guest house and he will be more than happy to assist. I forgot the name of our tour guide but I remember asking him to accompany us in all of our tours. 

Hanging Coffins at Echo Valley

We were accompanied  by our guide who picked us up from the guest house to Echo Valley, which is just in the middle of the town. I personally enjoyed the trek for they say it was the easiest. I'm not into trekking, and this trail was actually already a challenging one for me. I'm a lazy tourist, come on! 






Kiltepan

Overcrowded. Tourists are rowdy and noisy and I hated it. The sunrise never disappoint though. Buti na lang. :) 

Thee of Clouthsss


Gigil na gigil! Sa mga maiingay at maarteng mga turistang nag seselfie!

The Sagada Gang!


Rock Inn is a 4 hectare estate with a restaurant, an Inn and their very own orange orchard. It is about 10-15 minutes away from the town proper. I saw the signage before hitting the Sagada bus stop and made an estimate of how far it was from the town proper. 



Breakfast Galore!

You might be asking why I do not have spelunking or caving photos. That's because I am a lazy tourist and I am not fond of doing all those activities like some self declared adrenaline junkies or adventurers. 

Anyway, I'll just share with you some of the restos that we tried when we were there. 



The servings are hefty, pork steaks are packed with flavor. Assuming that it is native the meat is rather tough and a bit hard to chew. Nevertheless, the flavors were great enough to make our tummies happy.





Sagada Brew is one of the newest restaurants in Sagada. I have made my "Where to Eat?" research before going on that trip and this place is on top of my list. 





Food was nothing special, but I will give a 4 star to their yoghurt. Service was as expected relaxed. It took them about 15 minutes to serve the orders. I cannot say that I was disappointed since I really did not expect a lot from the place.  

There are other restaurants around which we have failed to try given the lack of time we have in Sagada. I can say that the food that the restaurants serve are nothing out of the ordinary. Don't expect a lot most specifically the service because you will be disappointed. 

Sagada is a fantastic place to go and commune with nature. Caving, spelunking, and trekking are some of the activities that you can do there. It's not recommended for people who wants a lavish vacation since the place would only offer you basic amenities and accommodation. No bars or fancy restaurants. Just pure simple rural living. Spare a good 3-4 days for this trip. Biyahe pa lang kasi ubos na oras mo. :) 

Go and plan your trip to Sagada soon! Lemme know how it goes ha? :) 



Comments

Popular Posts