Happy Hong Kong and Magnificent Macau (March 2015)

Another post long overdue but here's a round up of my first international solo trip! I have spent my 31st birthday exploring Hong Kong and Macau and it was the best travel experience for me this year! Yay!

After visiting some cities around Asia, I realized that Hong Kong comes second in my list. (Manila will still be the first and forever be my favorite). I love how awesome and convenient their transport system is, I love the food, I love the shopping scene, I loved the weather during my stay, I love everything! 

Here's a summary of all the posts I have for this trip. I hope readers will find this useful.

Hong Kong 


Accommodation: 





I love love love this hotel! Super bango and super pretty lobby! Will definitely stay in this hotel again when I'm back in Hong Kong. :) Oh, customer service is also superb! 


Food:

Good food is never scarce in Hong Kong. You may find good places to eat in every turn and every corner. Here are some of the restaurants I have tried during my trip. 

Ho Hung Kee 

One of Hong Kong's Michelin Star restaurants. Tried the famous Wanton Noodles and was a little disappointed. Should have managed my expectations.





A quaint Cha Chaan Teng in Causeway Bay that serves all day breakfast food. 





Affordable and delectable Roast Goose and BBQ Pork in the heart of Central Hong Kong. 






A Hong Kong culinary institution that serves killer noodles. Yum! 



Street food!

Haven't had the chance to try a lot of street food when I was there but here are some of the things I tried while roaming the streets of Hong Kong. 

Eggets

Clay Pot Rice

Oyster Cake 

I can say that this is one of the best meals I've ever had in Hong Kong. Saw this place near the MTR station  near Temple street night market. Knew it was a great place to eat after seeing a lot of people lining up to be served. 

Been passing by a Honey Comb booth near the hotel where I stayed. Not an ice cream / gelato / sherbet fan but tried it anyway since I keep on seeing a lot of people buying from it. It was a bit cold when I was in Hong Kong and never really enjoyed what I got. Though I can say its quite ok because it is not that sweet. 

Places to Visit:

I totally enjoyed going around Hong Kong. Getting from point A to point B is easy because their transportation system is superb. It was quite a challenge for me thought asking people around for directions since not everyone can speak in English. However, if geared with a map and if you plan ahead, sure things will be a lot easier. 

Some of the places in Hong Kong I have visited are the following: 



Macau

I never had a chance to stay in Macau for a long time since I just almost half a day going around as I wait for my flight back to Manila. But from that very short span of time, I was enchanted and also find the place mesmerizing. It's unique character makes it one of the must-go-to places in Asia. 

Where to eat? Try Wong Chi Kei in Senado square that serves superb noodles.



And here are some of the pictures of Senado Square, Ruins of St. Paul and The Venetian Hotel.


















Well, go pack your bags and book a flight as soon as you can! It is very easy to plan a trip in Hong Kong and Macau and it's much easier to go back again and again. Till my next trip! 


Comments

Popular Posts