Mini Hotel - Causeway Bay (Hong Kong)



For my first solo travel out of the country, I opted for a hotel that is first, easy to locate, secondly, comfortable and cozy, and third, affordable. Mini Hotel in Causeway Bay fit into those three major considerations I have. 

I have been eyeing on this boutique hotel from the moment I have decided that I will go visit Hong Kong. After seeing that it'll only cost me a 4,000 Php a night via Agoda.com, plus the lovely photos they have there as well, I never hesitated and booked a room for three nights right away. 

In retrospect, I honestly didn't know why I chose to stay in their Causeway Bay over their Central branch, but I never really regretted my decision. I fell in love with Causeway Bay, mainly because everything seems to be accessible from the MTR station, to restaurants, to shopping centers. 


Mini Hotel Causeway Bay with Bus Stop #28 right in front

Mini Hotel Causeway Bay is quite a challenge to find at first. From the airport,  I rode the Airport Express going to Hong Kong Station, took a long walk towards the Island Line and alighted at Causeway Bay Station. From Causeway Bay station, I went out on exit F where a huge Forever 21 store is located. Took a right turn where Hysan Place is situated and walked until I saw a Swatch store. I took a left on that street and walked further until I saw a small Cath Kidston store. Turned left again and turned right on the first street which is Sun Wui Road. The hotel is right across the Bentley dealership and just right in front of bus stop #28. 





If you have huge bags or luggage with you, you may take the elevators going to the hotel lobby, so you must go straight to the guest elevators, or feel free to take the stairs going down. 

Prior to my trip, I emailed them asking if they require a security deposit. I was informed that I need to make a 500 Hkd deposit but was never asked for it when I checked in that afternoon. I arrived in the hotel at around 10:00 in the morning. I asked if the room is available for early check in and was told that I have to pay for an extra 200 Hkd (around 1200 Php) if I wanted to check in early. Since I am a cheapskate, I decided to just leave my bags and wait for 2:00 pm, which is the check in time. But first, I rested a bit and took photos of their super bango and ultra hip lobby. 









I booked a Mini Double room that costs around 4000 Php per night. I was given a room on the 10th floor which was pleasant since it was already high enough to still hear the street noise.


This is how it looks upon entering the room.
It is a bit small but it was just enough for me since I was traveling alone.


Ze Bathroom

My refuge after looooong Hong Kong walks! 

I read horror stories like poor service and malfunctioning water heater  from both Agoda.com and Tripadvisor.com about this hotel but never encountered any of those during my stay. The bed is comfortable and the pillows are soft. The linen used was crisp and clean. Hair dryer is provided. Water heater worked perfectly. Good air-conditioning. Prompt room service, and great customer service. I misplaced my adaptor for electrical outlets and borrowed from one of the staff, and was also greeted by one Filipina staff and wondered why I am traveling alone. Very accomodating. :) 

Overall, I felt that I have totally made the right decision in booking this hotel. It is situated in the quiet area of Causeway Bay, it is very near Hysan Place, Times Square, Lee Gardens, MTR station Causeway Bay, Starbucks, and many restaurants and shops. The hotel staff speaks good English and were very helpful with directions and whatever assistance you will need. They even called a cab for me going to the Hong Kong ferry terminal instead of me going to Lee Gardens where the taxi bay is located. Would recommend this hotel to my friends and family, or anyone going to Hong Kong. :) 


Mini Hotel Causeway Bay 
8 Sun Wui Road, Hong Kong
Phone number:  +852 2537 4941
Facebook:  Mini Hotel Hong Kong 
Website:  http://www.minihotel.hk/

Map of mini hotel Causeway Bay


Comments

Popular Posts