Netong's Original Special La Paz Batchoy (Iloilo City)



Who would leave Iloilo City without eating their famous La Paz Batchoy? Only fools would do so. Who can resist a warm hearty soup full of tasty pork trimmings, fresh noodles, crunchy chicharon bits, and piping hot, flavorful stock? No one can! 

There has been a long standing debate about who serves the best La Paz Batchoy in Iloilo. I'm sure most of you have heard about Deco's or Ted's Oldtimer La Paz Batchoy, but I have also been hearing a lot about Netong's famous La Paz Batchoy which has a stall in La Paz Public Market. I thought that it must be the best place to taste the best La Paz Batchoy and so, after a long night of drinking, my friend and I decided to pay Netong's a visit. 

We arrived around 2 in the afternoon and the place is almost empty. We were surprised to know that their dining area is air conditioned. We were ready to brave the heat but we were thankful we don't need to since it was actually a humid day in Iloilo City that time. 

Netong's dining area with tatay eating his hot bowl of La Paz Batchoy. I'm guessing we were really at the right place since this man, I'm sure is a loyal customer. Only goes to show we are tasting the best La Paz Batchoy in town! 

Netong's Menu

We decided to order their Megabowl Batchoy and Puto.

Puto (Php 14)

Netong's La Paz Batchoy (Megabowl - Php 100)

Writing about this makes me drool. I can still taste the delicious soup. I mean look at that, man! Pork fat surfacing the soup, pork and liver trimmings that are so flavorful, and the soup, oh dear, the soup! It makes me want to book a flight to Iloilo and have this again! 

I guess it's unfair to say that this is the best tasting La Paz Batchoy in Iloilo since I was not able to sample other restaurant's version. But I'd say that I don't really have to do that since I have tasted one of the best dishes I've ever had in my life. 

Skip this not when in Iloilo. This is the perfect breakfast, or lunch, or merienda, or dinner. Heck, best anytime of the day I may say! 

Netong's Original Special La Paz Batchoy

La Paz Public Market
Iloilo City
Contact Number: (033) 396 2189
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/netongsbatchoy


Also read my other blog posts about my Incredible Iloilo visit:

Breakthrough Restaurant
Bourbon Street 
Punot Flavors of Iloilo
Maridel's 
Tatoy's Manokan
Circle Inn Iloilo

Comments

Popular Posts