Punot, Flavors Of Modern Iloilo (Iloilo City)



After a long and fun day in Guimaras, we went back to Iloilo with happy hearts but empty stomachs. I told my companion that I have been hearing a lot about this place in The Esplanade called Punot that serves delicious Ilonggo cuisine. I have long wished to taste Iloilo's famous Kansi, a soup dish that is similar to Bulalo and Sinigang. I thought that it would be a perfect ending to our activity filled day. 

My friend Gladys called up for reservations, which is recommended specially on weekends. The lady who answered the call gladly accepted our requests and was very accommodating. She even gave us directions when we got lost on our way there. 

We arrived at around 8:00 in the evening and the place was full of dining customers, mostly big groups. We requested to be seated in their al fresco dining area facing the river. The place is cozy, with warm lights. The native interiors gave that traditional Filipino home atmosphere which I loved. The service is excellent too. The wait staff who assisted us was very attentive. Even eavesdropping at times but its all good since he was able to point us to where we were headed after dinner. 

Here's what we've ordered. 

Baked Scallops (Php 200)

We started off with their Baked Scallops as our appetizer. We can tell that the scallops were fresh since it is very succulent. I didn't like the sauce that came with it though. I'm not saying it is not good but I would have had appreciated it more if it was served like the usual baked scallops that I like, which has the basic cheese and breadcrumbs. Nevertheless, it was able to whet our appetites for the main dishes of the evening. 

Corned Beef Kansi (Php 280)

We ordered the famous Corned Beef Kansi which is a soup dish similar to Bulalo and Sinigang. It was delectable! The soup is very refreshing to the palate, with just a tinge of sourness. The meat is ultra tender. Even those without teeth can enjoy the dish. One of the best soups I have ever tasted in my life. 

Seafood Ala Punot (Php 260)

This dish is a platter of different fresh sea foods. Everything was fresh and cooked perfectly.


Calamansi Cucumber Cooler (Glass - Php 80 / Pitcher - Php 180)

We also ordered this refreshing drink to wash down that great meal. Most restaurants in Iloilo and Guimaras does offer refreshing drink concoctions like this which is definitely must tries when dining in their restaurants. 

I have definitely enjoyed my time in Punot. Their dishes are absolutely delicious and most of all affordable. The service is excellent as well. I would certainly be back if I'm in Iloilo City! 

Punot Flavors of Modern Iloilo

Riverside Boardwalk 
Diversion Road, Iloilo City 
Contact Number:  3209893

Comments

Popular Posts