Balkan Yugoslavian Home Cooking (Makati)



I have been reading and hearing a lot of raves about Balkan since it opened its first branch. My friend Gladys and I decided to have a quiet dinner one night after a long time of planning to visit. The branch in Perea is our choice for that night since its just a stone throw away from our workplace. 

We both love its homey ambiance. Its rustic feel and comfortable lighting made it so suitable for quiet dinner dates and chit chat with friends. 

I was sure to have the Serbian Burger not knowing what exactly the name of the dish is. We were given the menu and ordered right away. We decided to share on the Goulash, she decided to get some sort of a Burger Steak dish and I got some Burger. 

Goulash (Php 280)
We started with this rich bowl of Goulash. We asked the wait staff to serve it in 2 bowls since we are going to share and surprised to see a huge portion for both of us. The soup is rich and thick with perfectly tender pieces of beef and spiral noodles. I love how rich and flavorful their Goulash is and the fantastic bread that came with it. You will read more raves about the bread later. 

Stuffed Pljeskavica (Php 330) - Ground beef steak stuffed with mozarella, served with rice or fries)
My friend Gladys ordered the Stuffed Pljeskavica with rice. The serving is humungous. I got a bite of it and the meat is juicy and flavorful. The mozarella filling gave the dish added richness. Both Gladys and I wished it was served with some sort of gravy though to add more flavor. I don't know though if Yugoslavians eat this dish with gravy but I am speaking for my Filipino taste buds that's why I said that. :P 

Cevapcici Burger (Php 230) 

Cevapcici is a Serbian Sausage. As a sausage lover, I definitely fell in love with the dish. Its juicy and the meat is packed with flavor. The bread that they used is wonderful. It's soft and chewy but full and packed. I am unsure but I think they call it Pogacha. Whatever that is, I sure liked it to the top. Superb food quality. 

I would go back to Balkan anytime soon. The food is of superior quality, the service is great and its pretty close to my workplace. 

Must try their Goulash and meat dishes. The Burgers I guess are great choices too. I'll give Balkan a 4/5. 

Balkan Yugoslavian Home Cooking 
G/F Maripola Bldg. 
Perea St., Legaspi Village Makati
(02) 8460744

Comments

wigiela said…
i'm curious. i wanna try it!
xoxo, gelai
Mel said…
You should try it Gelai! :)

Popular Posts