Pizza for Breakfast at Pizza Volante (Baguio City)

Wonder how they score againts Greenwich?
Our last morning Baguio was spent roaming around Session Road. We opted to visit Session Road on a weekday morning with high hopes that the traffic jam isn't as bad as the weekend Baguio traffic. We were delighted to have been blessed with a great sunny weather to end our visit in Baguio which is perfect for a good long walk around downtown


Session Road at 7 am
I insist that we start our day with a hearty breakfast. We were wandering around town as early as 7 in the morning when most of the shops and restaurants are still closed. Good thing I remembered reading about Volante somewhere which is open 24/7 to cater to anyone's pizza craving at any time.

There were a few people having their meals at the time we arrived. I believe that this is a famous hangout for call center people who wanted to get early meals after their shift.








We were wanting to have traditional breakfast items and I was a little hesitant in going in Volante since I was unsure if they serve breakfast items since it is a pizza place. I was happy to know that they have some breakfast staples in their menu which mom and dad ordered.



Hot Chocolate and Brewed Coffee


Waffles - Php 95.00
Light Breakfast - Waffles with Butter and Maple Syrup. With Hot Chocolate or Brewed Coffee

Breakfast Starter - Php 135.00 
2 Scrambled or Fried Eggs, a choice of Bacon, Ham, Hanna Sausage, Embutido, Waffles, Corsican Rice, Plain Rice, Garlic Rice or Garlic Bread. With Hot Chocolate, Brewed Coffee, Iced Tea or Lemonade.


Baguio Longanisa - Php 81.00
Egg, Plain or Garlic Rice, with your choice of Hotdog / Corned Beef Hash / Longanisa (Baguio or Alaminos)

Kenny George Pizza - Php 162.00 for 8"

I enjoyed the Waffles though mom thinks the pancakes we had at 50's Diner was far way better . Pa, for the second time around got disappointed with his bacon. Ma and I liked the Baguio Longanisa they served us that we decided to look for these sausages in Baguio City Market to bring home to Manila. The pizza on the other hand wassn't impressive at all. I thought they would be serving a Pizza Hut-ish type of pizza but it was more Lotsa Pizza-ish . Yeah yeah well I know I should have not expected that much from a 100 bucks worth of pizza but well, I did.

Verdict and Recommendations:

I will give Pizza Volante a 2.5/5. I wouldn’t say its bad but I can't say it's good as well. One good thing about them is that they are open 24/7. I am sure I would be frequenting this spot if I am a Baguio local for pangs of hunger strikes me and most of my friends at the wee hours of the morning. :)

Can't really recommend any dishes from their menu for I have only order a handful. I am unsure of the other pizza variants since I have only tasted one. But sure I loved the Waffles and the Baguio Longanisa. :)

Pizza Volante
82 Session Road
Baguio City, Benguet
(074) 445-0777

Comments

Popular Posts