Mama's Birthday Dinner at Hill Station (Baguio City)


It was mom's 59th birthday and I wanted to make her birthday a memorable one. We have started our weekend with a surprise trip for her with dad in Baguio City and we have celebrated our last night in Baguio with a special dinner at Hill Station.

Hill Station has been said to be one of the best restaurants in Baguio City  for the restaurant have won the Miele's Best Restaurants in Asia awards. I knew for sure that I must bring ma and pa there.



The ever so helpful front desk people of C Boutique Hotel made reservations for us that night and I am personally excited to visit this place and try their dishes.

It was a Sunday evening and I was expecting that there will be lots of people dining that night but I was wrong. The place wasn’t as packed as I was expecting which made us appreciate the peace and quiet. 

Perfect for dinner dates!




I was mesmerized by the old charm of the place. It was really romantic and for a moment, I wished I had someone special with me to dine with mom and dad that night. It was dusk when we arrived at the restaurant and I love the effect on their huge windows. Fantastic!

Service was excellent too. We were greeted with smiles and was paid good attention by their wait staff. We were given the menu and off we go ordering.

Again, it was a little difficult deciding what to order for the offerings they have in their menu all sounds delectable. Hill Station has an impressive selection of dishes  from European, American and Asian cuisines.

Their monthly specials for July
We decided to have their Hill Station Green Garden Salad for starters. Ma decided to order one of their July Specials which is the  Javanese Fried Chicken, I told Pa to get the Moroccan Spiced Baby Back Ribs, and I ordered the Short Rib Ragu with Fettucine.


Complimentary Bread served with Olive Oil and Dukkah, a nutty and aromatic dip that went perfectly well with the bread.  
Hill Station Green Garden - Php 240.00 
A soup that was served with any order of their  monthly specials.

Javanese Fried Chicken - Php 280.00
This Javanese Fried Chicken looks like an ordinary fried chicken but wait till you've tasted the green curry sauce that goes with it. I went ballistic when I tasted it. Super fantastic with their perfectly crispy fried chicken!


Moroccan Spiced Baby Back Ribs - Php 395
The Moroccan Spiced Baby Back Ribs is to die for too. Fall off the bones meat and the heavenly Moroccan spices plus the risotto made it as one magnificent dish. Totally a must try!
Short Rib Ragu with Fettucine - Php 280.00
The Short Rib Ragu didn’t really made me wow but Papa loved it. He even asked me to exchange plates so he can finish the entire pasta dish. I didn’t mind coz I was enjoying the Baby Back Ribs anyway. :)

Verdict and Recommendations:

Hill Station is a 5/5! Excellent service, romantic ambiance, and delectable food! Sure they deserve the Miele's Best Restaurants in Asia award.

Must try their Moroccan Baby Back Ribs. Super delish! The Javanese Fried Chicken is also a must try though I am not sure if they will have it as a regular in their menu.

To end the night at Hill Station, I have whispered to our server that It was mom's birthday that night and before we left, they gave a luscious carrot cake with a birthday candle and sang a happy birthday song for mama.


Happy Birthday to our lovely Mama! We love you! 
Sure you have to dine in Hill Station when in Baguio. It was indeed a fantastic experience!


Hill Station
Casa Vallejo
Luneta Hill, Upper Session Rd., 2600 Baguio City, Philippines
Telephone: +63 74 424-2734, 423-9100, 423-9558
Email: hillstation1909@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts