Checking Dos Equis XX Special Lager


My partiality to Lagers made me choose this beer for this Friday's Beer-ness Session. I guess my taste with beers still tends to lean into the macro types. Perhaps its because of the fun memories it brings back whenever I drink them, you know, drunken nights with your college buds, indulging in cheap locally brewed Pale Lagers stretching the remaining allowance you have just to have a fun time. Don't get me wrong. I have equally enjoyed drinking ale's and stouts and those different beer style but still, nothing can make me feel as relaxed as much as Lager do.

This pale lager that I'm going to feature is a Heineken product and is characterized by generally a crisp and a well carbonated beer, perfect for a tropical country like ours.


Dos Equis XX Special Lager
(Mexico)
FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Pale Lager
Alcohol content : 4% ABV
My rating: 3/5

It comes in a green bottle just like Heineken. The aroma is malty, kinda bitter too, just like what a normal pale lager would smell, only a little bit stronger. It has a fizzy white head that disappeared in a flash (my camera didn't even caught that moment after I poured it in a glass). It has a malty, bready taste with a hoppy, bitter taste in the middle. I also found a little grass and citrus notes. It has no finish though and quite watery in the end. Carbonation is just ok.



Forgive me for an inappropriate glass I used, but I have no
lager glass here at home. Haha.

Well it isn't bad at all. I did quite enjoyed it since its refreshing and heck it has been very very hot in Manila lately. If I were to be asked if I would want to have this beer again? Well I would have to probably say yes. Next time with a wedge of lemon in it.

Comments

Mel said…
Im sure this goes very well with a spicy burrito. :) I missed Hermano's! Hopefully Ill get to join the next food trip. :)

Popular Posts