My love for Satie and Vivaldi

 F*ck all these RnB sh*t! I listen to classical music!

Tired of all my party music. (I am not complaining though ok?), I went back listening to some of the best classical music I've ever listened to.

The soothing impression it gives me makes me calm and slacked up. Its classy and sophisticated and elegant and I just simply love how it makes me feel refined. (Even if I am not, lol)

Eric Satie's Gymnopedies and Gnossiennes

Eric Satie, a brilliant French composer and pianist whose famous for his Gymnopedies and Gnossienes would have to top my list. I love how his music makes me feel calm and yet disturbed at the same time. I love how he creates this certain abstract mental location wherein a certain degree of sadness and yet calmness is felt. I love how his music attracts a certain level of negativity and yet I find it sensual. I love all his Gymnopedies most especially Gymnopedie no. 1 and 2. Among his Gnossienes, I would have to say Gnossienne no. 3 is my fave. 

 
 Gymnopedie No. 1


Gnossienne No. 3


Antonio Vivaldi's Four Seasons


Vivaldi's 4 Seasons have a very special place in my heart (insert, "I  remember the boy, but I don't remember the feelings anymore" song in the background). Its fun make up and the wholeness of its musical content made it one of the best concertos ever composed. Its revolutionary composition (at that time) made the sound very unique and inspiring. My favorite would have to be Winter and Summer. Ah I love Summer because of  its hyped and frolicked melody. I love Winter for its deep and dark strain. I love how it makes me feel cold and uncomfy but also excited and anticipating. I know, most of those adjectives seems a little weird for describing music but thats how these composition makes me feel. 

Summer


Winter

Ah good music. Good life! I have to thank these great composers for leaving these great compositions for us to enjoy.



Comments

michymichymoo said…
I don't usually pay attention to classical music but I'll give it a try one time. :)
Ba-rock! este Baroque hehehe!i dig classical music..used to play sonatas on the piano..before its modern reincarnation (heavy metal) got the better of me ;)

Popular Posts