What does a Cebu Pacific FA and an SM sales lady have in common?

Their eye make up and lipsticks, and im tellin you its not that pleasing to look at.

Alright, before I start writing, I dont mean to be rude, I dont mean to be degrading, I dont mean to be "laitera", I'm writing based on my observations on my last trip to SG and KL. I actually have forgotten about this but earlier this evening, as me and mom and dad buy some stuff at the supermarket, I noticed one of the SM sales lady's signature make up (i.e. blue eyeshadow, reddish blush-on and bright red lipstick) and then remembered Cebu Pacific's flight attendants. Which again led me back in thinking about a question that puzzled me. Were they given make up 101 by the company?

I aint a make up expert, I dont have any background in cosmetology or whatever you call it. But I simply know if the make up is overdone, subtle, professional looking, or simply cheap. Seeing 3 lady FA's on my flight to SG and 4 lady FA's on my way back to Manila wearing the same shade of turquoise/bluish eye shadow with bright red lipstick reminded me so much of the sales ladies here in the Phils who overdo the color combination. Too bad I failed to take some photos. Tsk. :))

Being in that kind of profession, one should know the fundamentals of applying make up. Presenting yourself well is one of the requirements needed as a flight attendant and I think that they should at least know how to combine colors. Thing is, Cebu Pacific's FA's apply their make-up like this:



Simple rule that I have learned, heavy eye make up should be paired with a subtler, lighter lipstick/nude lips. Light eye make up can be paired with rouge lips. Maybe those things should be taught to the lovely girls of Cebu Pacific.







Not that im demeaning the sales ladies but FA's should do better than that. Eto pa, one more thing I noticed is how different the Tiger Airways FA's are to Cebu Pacific FA's. I flew from SG to KL through Tiger and noticed how pretty their FA's are, plus the make up are really really good and professional looking.

I hope Cebu Pacific would take notice of this. Its not just with the service that you should be focusing at (although I think some of your FA's are actually snobbish and unaccommodating) but also with their appearances. Try saving them from being compared to the sales ladies. Just a friendly advice. :)


Comments

Pilar said…
SM's salesladies DO wear a lot of make-up. I think the blue eye shadow is mandatory, as blue is SM's color. Not sure about the blush and lipstick though.

But hey! I'd rather have them wear a lot of make-up than look like they just got of bed. Hehehe! However, I DO agree that they need to train their personnel on the art of basic make-up.
Mel said…
Hey Pilar! I actually do understand as well that these ladies (Cebu Pacific FA's and SM sales ladies) use these colors (blue eyeshadow) for "sales" purposes since bright colors makes impact to customers. Thing is, it should be done minimally and subtly.

But youre right deary. Id rather see them with the "mala-payaso" make up than wear that "bagong gising" look. :)
Unknown said…
Its a requirement for them to wear it that way. I asked them. Haha ...

as for Cebu Pac, I have no idea what they were thinking ... or possibly, why they were not thinking.
Mel said…
Right Kay, I do understood why the sales ladies wear that kind of color combination. Again its for marketing purposes.

With the FA's of Cebu Pacific, well I really do hope they dont level themselves with the marketing strategy of SM. :)
michymichymoo said…
Oww. Is that the reason? I thought it's because the local makeup palette has rainbow colors so wala silang choice!hahaha! :)
Mel said…
LOL! Sira ka michy. But yeah I think youre talking about the local brands that has the brightest eyeshadow colors ever. :))
michymichymoo said…
That's just my observation. :) Kasi naman yung local brands rainbow colors talaga yung eyeshadows. Unlike imported brands may color theme yung palette. ;)
Anonymous said…
Eh ang papangit nyo kayang lahat. Kung mka lait kayo hahahaah my gosh natawa ako sa inyong lahat. This is just ridiculous
Mel said…
Hi. Siguro FA ka ng Cebu Pacific no? Hehehehe. Hey this was written 2 years ago, I flew with Cebu just recently and nag iba na color scheme nyo. Much better! Bravo! :P

Popular Posts