Orange Picking at Rock Inn (Sagada, Mountain Province)



Our Kiltepan experience, not as pleasant as I expected it to be turned around as soon as we move forward to our other plans in Sagada. I am not a morning person, and waking up at 4:00 o'clock in the morning is something that I don't look forward to. Adding the fact that Kiltepan that day was packed with rowdy and noisy tourists. The sunrise was spectacular, it will forever be impressive, but the total experience I had was not something that I would tell my kids in the future. 

Anyway, the gang decided to take a quick stop at Rock Farm Inn for breakfast before heading back to the guesthouse. I knew that they have  Orange Picking as an attraction which is suited best for a lazy tourist like me. 

Rock Inn is a 4 hectare estate with a restaurant, an Inn and their very own orange orchard. It is about 10-15 minutes away from the town proper. I saw the signage before hitting the Sagada bus stop and made an estimate of how far it was from the town proper. 

We arrived at around 7:00 in the morning and the place is starting to get packed with customers. Our tour guide immediately advised us to schedule our orange picking before the influx of tourist comes in. We were lucky enough to be first on the list and we were briefed right away on what to do and what to expect during the Orange Picking activity. We paid Php 50 per head for that and was told that we can eat as much oranges as we want! Yay!


Ready. Set. Pick!

We walked for about 5 minutes and arrived at the orange orchard. I was expecting to see a lush orchard of bright orange fruits but was surprised to see Dalandans instead. I am unsure but I think we came in the time where the oranges are still green. The orange season by the way is not all year round so try to ask if the orange picking is at season during your visit. I have included a contact number at the end of this post.


Our tour guide, giving us the DOs and DONTs.


I know, I know, naghahanap ka ng orange. Waley! Dalandan lang meron!

Orange picking! I finished around 4 oranges in a span of 15 minutes! Yum!

Although disappointed with the fact that I will not be picking bright oranges, I was equally happy to sample the fruits in the orchard and enjoyed the sweetness and freshness of it. We were also told that we can harvest and take home the oranges we will pick at Php 100 per kilo. Not bad at all! 

After 30 minutes, we decided to end the tour and go back to the restaurant where we ordered a delicious breakfast and enjoyed Sagada's cool morning breeze. 



Path to the cafe 
Small cottage for private dining

Common dining area. Smokers are welcome. :) 

We ordered a hearty Filipino breakfast consisting of delicious Longanisa, Tocino and Pancakes. Each of the rice meals were served with a refreshing local tea. 


LongSiLog (Longanisa, Sinangag, Itlog)

ToSiLog (Tocino, Sinangag, Itlog)

Pancakes with Banana

Kainan na!

The staff who took care of our orders is an angel. He was the jolliest person in Sagada I have met during the visit. Forgot his name but he certainly made everyone's morning. :) The food is good too. Servings are just right for the price. The veggies are fresh, as expected, and the tea is refreshing and delicious. 

The visit to Rock Farm Inn I would say is one of my favorite moments during my Sagada trip. Oh and I have also met different people from different parts of the Philippines! 


Manila, Cebu, Borongan, and Cagayan de Oro, represent! Nice meeting all of you! 

Go try the Orange Picking activity and dine in their cafe. Rock farm Inn is a perfect place to relax and enjoy Sagada's cool weather.

Rock Inn
Stauton Road, Sagada
Mountain Province
Contact Number:  0905 554 5950
Website:  http://rockinnsagada.com/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/RockInnSagada/?fref=ts

Comments

Popular Posts