George Guest House (Sagada)

My friend Bon asked me to join him in an impromptu trip to Sagada about a few months back. One thing I love about impromptu trips is the unpredictability of all aspects related to it. Knowing how much of a planner I am, I asked Bon if he had reserved or arranged anything for the trip. His answer (which is a big NO) prompted me into researching for all things Sagada related with only a few days left before we left. 

I have messaged a lot of hostels in Sagada a few days before our arrival, and George Guest House was among the first few who responded a few minutes after I have sent my query. We decided to stay in their hostel since we have no time to haggle and choose among other hostels around. I asked if they require a reservation fee but the person who attended to my queries told me that we can just pay as soon as we get there. 

We arrived in a cool, and sunny Sagada at around 12 noon and asked around for directions. From the bus stop where all passengers bound for Sagada would alight, you would see a long downhill road which you should take to get to the guest house. It's around 5 minutes walk from the bus stop and almost all the locals know where it is. You will pass by some of the famous Sagada restaurants like Yogurt House and Salt and Pepper. 

The bus stop on the right. You will see a downhill road on the left leading to the guest house. 

We arrived at the hostel and the caretaker welcomed us and showed us the room. For PHP 600, the room can accommodate 2 pax. The room has 2 double beds, a private bathroom with hot and cold shower, and a terrace with a fantastic view. :)  


We got the Pink Room! Bagay samin ni Bon :) 


View from the room.

You can see Sagada's main street from the rooms. This is where most of the restaurants and hostels are located.

You don't want to expect a lot from the hostel. Everything is pretty basic but comfortable. The staff o is very helpful and accommodating. We have no plans whatsoever, but the gladly helped us find an awesome tour guide with no extra cost. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit Sagada. 

George Guest House 
2619 Sagada
Mountain Province
Website:  http://georgesagada.blogspot.com/
Twitter:  @survivingsagada
Contact Numbers:  Main Building: (63) 918-548-0406 / (63) 920-948-3133 (Look for Dora)
Annex Building: (63) 920-607-0994 / (63) 939-902-0996 (Look for Irenuis)


Comments

Popular Posts