Chubby Bibs (Baguio City)



We had a chance to visit Chubby Bibs three months back when some co workers and I visited Baguio for a team planning. At that time, they said they are still on their soft opening that figures out why their service needs some improvement. I will talk about that in a bit. 

After an exhausting 9 hour travel from Manila to Baguio, with a lot of mishaps in between, we arrived at the City of Pines with monster tummies. We were staying down at Jungletown Road and decided to walk along Leonard Wood Rd. to go to 50's Diner. Unfortunately, the place was packed as it was at that a long weekend because of a holiday. We passed by this new nook and I told that group that we can try this one since I figured out that it just opened. 






I don't know if it is right to say that the place is tiny, or I am just huge. It felt like they have tried squeezing in 25 people in a space that can only accommodate around 15 people comfortably. The place has that Baguio homey feel with the log cabin design which I love. 




The gang waiting to be seated

We waited a good 10-15 minutes before we were given seats which at first I found very uncomfortable. The spaces between tables wouldn't really provide you with much privacy, even space to breathe. We were seated at the deep end of the room but eventually asked to be transferred to a table near the door so we can comfortably move. 

The menu was handed to us and we then started picking our orders. All were starved so everyone opted for their Chicken Schnitzel, and also since most of the offerings in their menu were not available that time. 


Menu 1

Menu 2

After placing our orders, we waited for another 30 more minutes before our orders were placed on our tables. 


Speculoos Milkshake (Php 115)

Their Speculoos Milkshake is ok. I am not really a Speculoos fan so I didn't really dig it. My co workers liked it though. 


House Blend Iced Tea (Php 70) 

I ordered their House Blend Iced Tea and liked it. It was not the instant house blend iced tea that most restaurants serve. Instead, it was freshly steeped with a kick of lemon. Sweet and refreshing. 


Cream of Corn Soup (Php 60)

The Cream of Corn soup is like flour and water. Tasteless, bland and unappealing. I wish they have used the instant one. I guess I just had my hopes up. And, uhm, where's the corn?


Chicken Schnitzel with Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Php 145)

The presentation is lovely, but the flavors are lacking. The Chicken Schnitzel is perfectly fried but I wished the special sauce that goes with it made a big impact but it didn't. We requested for an extra gravy (which I think is a just a simple gravy with oats in it) but was told that they do not serve extras. We needed to at least spike up or food with some flavor that's why we just asked for ketchup. 

Overall, our experience is meh. I would want to give Chubby Bibs another shot since it could be that they are in their soft opening that time thus the poor service and the mediocre food. I would love to go back and try some of their other offerings. I just wish it would already be available on my next visit. 

Chubby Bibs
Leonard Wood Road, Baguio City
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/chubbybibs
Contact Number:  0917 932 5882
Operating Hours:  9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Comments

Popular Posts