Minh Anh Hotel (Hanoi, Vietnam)

Taken from tripadvisor.co.uk

Finding a hotel in a good location for me is one of the most important thing to consider when I am travelling. It was my first time in Hanoi, Vietnam and choosing a hotel in a good location and with good service is very challenging since there are hotels and hostels everywhere in the Old Quarter. I have decided to check in to this hotel after reading a lot of good reviews about their service and how good their location is.

Read more about my Hanoi trip: 


I was assisted by David, a guy I have met through PinoyExchange.com who arranges tours for Hanoi. I have reached out to him after reading some comments from people who vouched for him. I booked my flight to Hanoi, November last year and immediately emailed him to help me out with everything. He gave me a pretty good deal with the hotel rooms as well, pricing at $25 for a deluxe double room with bathtub and a little terrace facing the street leading to Dong Xuan Market which is just a stone throw away from the hotel. I have also arranged to be picked up at the airport and back that costs me a total of $32. Travel time from Noi Bai  Airport to the hotel is approximately 30-45 minutes.




Complimentary Coffee and Tea (you gotta love Vietnamese coffee, you know!)

We have stayed in the hotel for a total of 4 and a half days (yes, we were given an option to extend our stay since we will be flying out of Hanoi by midnight and only asked us to pay an extra half day rate which is $12 for an extended stay). Rooms are always kept tidy with fresh sheets and towels everyday. Wifi signal is also strong inside the room. They serve excellent breakfast as well, providing customers with an array of local and western dishes, fresh fruits, breads and pastries plus overflowing tea and coffee which I truly loved. 




Staff is very friendly and can speak average to good English (except for the lady at their dining area who doesn't speak English and thought I am Vietnamese) . They provided us with a map of the city and gave us suggestions on where to go, eat, and get beers, baby! :) Hanoi is a very walkable city and the hotel is situated in the heart of the Old Quarter. We spent our first and last day in Hanoi just allowing ourselves to go around the Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, The West Lake, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, and other nearby sightseeing places on foot, though you always have an option to take the tuk tuk, or taxi to go to your destination. The hotel is also nearby restaurants and small food kiosks to get some goody good Vietnamese food. 

All in all, I did enjoy my stay in Minh Anh Hotel. Ill give it a 4/5.  It would totally be my hotel of choice when I decided to go back to Hanoi.Best thing about it is that they prepared a little birthday surprise for me. I was surprised to go back to the hotel after going around the Old Quarter with a birthday cake and some good Hanoi beer! 

Cheers for the Big Three 0!!!

David and I, celebrating my 30th birthday at the hotel lobby



Minh Anh Hotel
Address:  4 Hàng Giấy, Đồng Xuân, Hoan Kiem District, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Phone number: +84 4 3927 6088
Contact David for bookings so he can give you a good rate and a good room!
email: david.mr1221@gmail.com

Read more about my Hanoi trip: 

Minh Ahn Hotel (Hanoi)
Halong Bay  Day Tour
Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Day Tour
Hanoi City Tour 
Hanoi Eats

Comments

Popular Posts