Gellato Madness at Afters Espresso and Desserts (Tomas Morato)




A post long overdue! 

I was certainly happy to see that the blog site is still getting  hits even if I am not actively posting some updates. And with that, I wanted to thank you guys for still visiting this blog. Really appreciate it. :) 

For this post, I would be sharing one of my favorite coffee spots in the metro. Oh well, it's not just an ordinary cafe that would suffice your caffeine cravings but this place is so much more than that. 


I have visited the cafe numerous times and the service never failed to impress me. That, perhaps is one of the reasons why I keep on coming back to this place. The lady, whom I always forget to ask the name would always make sure that she touch base with the customers, assuring that we are satisfied with what we are having on our visits. 

Afters boasts on their incredibly delectable spread of home made gelatos. I am not a huge ice cream aficionado but I am tellin' you, the gelato flavors they have are fantastic!

Gelato is the Italian word for ice cream, derived from the Latin word "gelātus.". Gelato is made with milk, cream, various sugars, and flavoring such as fresh fruit and nut pureesWikipedia

Gelato Madness! 


I love anything with hazelnut, and their Ferrero gelato is a total weakness of mine. Bits of chocolate, crisp wafer and hazelnut flavors would definitely envelope your mouth in every bite of this magnificent gelato flavor. 



Ferrero Gelato (Php 95)



Now, having two indulgence at a time is sinful. I know it is but who can resist the devilishly inviting combination of espresso and gelato? 

An affogato (Italian, "drowned") is a coffee-based beverage. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped with a shot of hot espresso. Some variations also include a shot of Amaretto or other liqueur Wikipedia



Affogato (Php 120)


Hot and cold, bitter and sweet. Ahhhh, it's oxymoronic to say that the devilishly sinful combination of the two opposing flavors and sensations, when combined could create a heavenly masterpiece. 

Now this thing, I also love... Wash everything down with this fun fruity fizzy drink. 


Italian Soda - Kiwi Flavor (Forgot the Price) 





They also serve different kinds of pastries, cakes, sandwiches and pasta. Got to try their Beef Pastrami Sandwich but I was utterly disappointed. The beef pastrami was onion skin thin and the worst thing about it is that they serve it with Piatos, yes the local potato chips, instead of serving it with fries or freshly prepared potato chips. 

Verdict and Recommendation:

I love Afters! I will give it a 4/5. Service is excellent, gelatos are to die for, the Affogato is delectable and most of all, fast and free wi-fi. Haha! 

Not very much impressed with their sandwiches. I do hope they get to develop better recipes for their savory offerings. 

Try to order everything that I did sample. Perhaps just skip the sandwiches, unless they have already improved on those things in their menu. 

Afters Espresso & Desserts
Quezon City
Lansbergh Place, 20 Tomas Morato Ave cor Scout Castor St
South Triangle, Quezon City
(02) 791-8789
Cafe Hours : M, T, W, Th, Su: 8:00AM - 12:00MN
F, Sa: 8:00AM - 4:00AM
Facebook page : Afters Espresso and Desserts
wi-fi : Yup :)

Comments

RNA said…
my own version: kapeng barako with vanilla ice cream on top hehehe!
michymichymoo said…
Ate Mel! I want to visit this! woah!!!!! :)
Mel said…
RNA - that sounds fantastic! I have benguet coffee with me from my recent Baguio trip and that must be perfect for my own version too. Thanks for sparking up an idea!

Michy - lets go there soon! :)

Popular Posts