MeryenDADs at Dad's (Megamall)

I have been looking for a good merienda spot with a vast array of buffet spread when I remembered Dad's. My mom was craving for Dinuguan and Puto while I was day dreaming the whole day about Corndogs and I thought Dad's was the best place to get those merienda favorites, and a lot more.

From http://www.kamayansaisakidads.com/
So mom and I headed over Dad's in Megamall. Their Merienda buffet starts at 3:00 PM till 5:00 PM and costs Php 199 from Mondays through Fridays and Php 229 on weekends and Holidays. They don't accept reservations so make sure you arrive on time for it gets pretty crowded especially on weekends.

Well, enough of the intro. Now let me show you the buffet spread; well most of it.

Puto and Dinuguan

Ginataan Halo Halo and Lumpiang Sariwa

Pancit Malabon and Pancit Bihon 

Tokwa't Baboy, Lumpiang Prito, Okoy

Lugaw

Turon and Camote Cue

Spaghetti and Pasta Alfredo

Mini Burgers

French Fries

Mini Tacos and Garlic Bread

Shawarma

Some Desserts

I was not able to take a photo of the Chinese dish area and some other items in the American area but fret not because I took some photos of those when I got some. 

Now here are my plates.

Plate # 1

I started with the Filipino merienda favorites. Everything on my plate is just OK. The best would be the Dinuguan which was cooked very well. Not a big fan of their Okoy because I think it was flavorless and unappealing since the dish was soggy and oily. I like the Pancit Malabon and the Tokwa't Baboy as well.


Plate # 2
Most of the food I love on the buffet spread is here on the second plate. My fave would be the Corndogs though I must say that it's not very different from the Corndogs that I cook for my niece and nephew and the mini tacos that I truly love. The pastas were not that good. The spaghetti tastes like the ones you can buy off the carinderias in our kanto while the pasta alfredo is bland for my taste. The shawarma could be better if the wrap is toasted, nevertheless its was so-so. 

Plate # 3
I was so stuffed by the time I was about to get some more for my plate # 3 but I know I must sample the dishes over at the Chinese table. I got the Beef mami, and  fried and steamed dumplings. I wanted to get some Siopao but my tummy told me not to since I am already so full by that time. Their Beef mami is great. Its soup is tasty. The dumplings were so-so, nothing special about it.

The Finale - Bibingka!
I told mom that I cannot eat any more desserts but I also said that we must have at least one bibingka. (I'm a big bibingka fan by the way). It was tough to get a freshly baked bibingka on the buffet since a lot are lining up for it. It is worth the wait anyway since I fell in love with the bibingka on the first bite. If I was not so stuffed that time, I would say I can finish about 5, or more of it. :)

So, let's have a short summary about this experience. 

The Good:
- The Dads Megamall merienda buffet includes refillable drinks. 
- A lot of choices in the buffet spread.
- Must try the mini tacos, beef mami and bibingka
- Very affordable

The Bad:
- The place gets too crowded during the weekend. 
- Refilling of some buffet stations takes a long time. (Particularly the bibingka and puto bumbong station)
- Staff takes a little while to replenish the glasses for the drinks. 
- Most dishes are so-so and some are really bad. 

Since the offer is very affordable, it is easy to say that I would be coming back again if I wanted a lot of choices for merienda. Mom thinks so too. :) 

Dad's Megamall 

4/F SM Megamall, Bridgeway,
Doña Julia Vargas Ave
Wack Wack, Mandaluyong
(02) 636-3785
Smoking : None
WIFI : yes (courtesy of SM Megamall)
Parking: Lots of it around. :)


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, Dords! I've missed you and your writing. It's been way too long. I hope you're doing okay. I've grown fond of your blog and look forward to your next foodie adventures. Keep this blog chic, sexy and delish, as always. Much love, from you-know-who.
Mel said…
Awwww, I love you. Thank you for dropping by my blog. I miss you very much, youre making me cry. :((

Take care always love. Ill see you soon. :)

Popular Posts