Some Kind of Wonderful night with Mom at SKOW (Marikina)


Mom thirst for some food adventure and I thought of a perfect place to bring her for a cozy Sunday dinner. I have been wanting to visit this foodie discovery that I have first read at Roni's blog (by the way, hello dear Roni!) and I said when would be the perfect time to visit? So, after some shopping, my mom and I drove around Marikina in search of this foodie gem.
I contemplated on the fact that there are actually not much overcrowded, somehow private dining spot like this in my area (I'm from Manila by the way.) I would actually love to visit some place like this where the customers are just from the neighborhood and the place can be actually owned by these people as their neighborhood hangout. Maginhawa, Kapitolyo and Marikina have all these places but not here in the expanse of my area.
Anyway, Some Kind of Wonderful is a movie back in the 80's. Now do not ask me for the plot for I haven't seen the film just yet. Hehe. I dont know the history on why the owners actually made this as the name of the restaurant but all I know is that the place is so full of 80's stuff, from movies to music artists that was popular back then.


Mom was staring saying, "Nak, im starving! Stop that and order muna!"

Cutesy Wall Artworks

This wall actually reminded me of someone.... Hmmm...







We arrived at around 6 PM with a couple of customers finishing their meals. The place is dimly lit which I find very cozy. However, I felt a little sad for I was not able to see how colorful the place is in full view. I love the fancy artworks posted on the walls and some memorabilias being displayed.
The staff who assisted us was very accommodating. She handed mom the menu while I take some shots around and she was courteous enough to answer all my moms inquiries about the menu.
I said I won't pass on the cheesburger and the buffalo wings because I need to have it tasted since the reviews about that were all raves.
Here's what our starving tummies nuke that night...

Buffalo Wings with veggie sticks (PHP 135)

Sausage Pasta in White Sauce (PHP 120)


Cheeseburger (PHP 140)



Iced Tea (PHP 30)


Soda in Can (PHP 30)
I was not really wow-ed by their buffalo wings, though I'm not really saying it is bad at all. Dilinger's and Mad Mark's buffalo wings still tops my list. They failed to give that tangy-sour flavor I was looking for in my buffalo wings. The Cheeseburger is pretty decent too. What I love about it is the mayo-catsup-mustard dressing that fused with the flavor of the beef pattie. Mom liked it a lot though. :) The pasta is also nice. Its creamy and the Hungarian Sausage that goes with it are perfect together. Overall the food, though not that excellent is pretty good. The prices are very much reasonable and the service is great. The place is really really clean too.
Now I hope I could find my own hang out near home soon. Marikina is seriously far from home. But with this kind of food and price, I would still consider coming back if time permits. :)

Some Kind of Wonderful (SKOW)
11 Birch Rd. cor. Rainbow St., Hacienda Heights, Concepcion Dos
Marikina City, Metro Manila
(02) 409-1242 / 09282714998
Parking : side street parking
Smoking Area: none
Wifi: none

Comments

Popular Posts