Bourbon Street (Iloilo City)

Image taken from richric2014.blosgspot.com

After a long tiring first day in Iloilo city, my friend Gladys and I decided to dine in Bourbon Street in Smallville, Iloilo City. We were hungry and thirsts for some cold beers and thought that this is the perfect place to get good food and beers.

I have read a lot of blog posts saying that they've got the best ribs in town. Some even say their famous ribs are being shipped from Iloilo to different parts of the country. Well that must be an extraordinary ribs! Without hesitation, we both head to Bourbon Street that night.

The place isn't packed since it's just a Thursday night but we saw families and group of friends dining. The interiors gives off that modern industrial vibe with a touch of the pub feel. Warm lights also gave the place a cozy tone.

We decided to get cold beers, ribs and fish and chips that night.

Cajun Fish and Chips (Php 275)

Their beer battered Fish and Chips is not spectacular. But coming from a fried food deprived diet before flying to Iloilo, this one made my tummy happy. :)


Bourbon Barbeque Ribs - Half Rack (Php 495)

I was hoping that their ribs would wow me. I was wishing that I could say it is the best ribs I have tasted in my life but to my dismay failed to say those words after my first bite. I have definitely tasted better ribs. But hey, this could be the best in Iloilo so I wont argue anymore. :)


Ice cold Cerveza Negra

Ordering Cerveza Negra that night might not be the best idea since it never made the ribs' flavors stand out. Ordering a crisp lager could make it a better deal but I was craving for a dark, roasted, malty beer so I ordered it still. :)

Service is ok. The wait staff are attentive enough to take care of our needs. Now since my friend Gladys celebrated her birthday a day before we left Manila, I decided to ask if the establishment have a little something for the birthday girl and was surprised to know they do give out a little something for the birthday celebrants.


Happy Birthday, Gladys! 

Minus the whole "Happy Birthday to You!" singing, one of the servers brought a huge plate with a small chocolate cake which me and the birthday girl enjoyed. I would have to say that the cake is luscious! It was so rich that we weren't able to finish it. Not a bad thing though. :) 

Overall the experience we had in Bourbon Street is ok. The prices are not that steep, though I really can't recall the exact prices of the dishes that we ordered. 

Now if you're going to ask me if it is a must place to go to when in Iloilo? I would have to say no. But was I satisfied with my meal that night? Well, it has to be a yes. 

Bourbon Street 

The Avenue, Glicerio Pison Ave. (Smallville), Diversion Rd., Mandurriao
Iloilo City, Philippines
Contact Number: 033 - 3203028
Facebook Page:  https://www.facebook.com/bourboniloilo
Website: http:  //www.bourbonstreet.com.ph/


Also read my other blog posts about my Incredible Iloilo visit:

Breakthrough Restaurant
Punot Flavors of Iloilo
Netong's Original Special La Paz Batchoy
Maridel's 
Tatoy's Manokan
Circle Inn Iloilo

Comments

Popular Posts