Yat Lok Roast Goose Restaurant - Central (Hong Kong)





I initially wanted to try Yung Kee's roast goose but a cheapo such as I am would not really want to spend too much when I was in Hong Kong. I have made some researches before my Hong Kong trip and stumbled upon a Michelin recommended restaurant that serves affordable yet succulent roast goose. I never hesitated and made sure that it is included in my itinerary. 

After a hectic morning, touring around The Peak, I decided to grab a late lunch in Yat Lok at Central. I was a little worried about getting lost again since it was my first time to roam around Central Hong Kong, but equipped with a map, detailed directions from a good friend, and an empty stomach, I braved the streets of Hong Kong looking for this hidden gem. I took the MTR to Central Station and went out at Exit G. I then walked towards Queen's Road Central and crossed the road, walking along the traffic until I saw a huge Coach store. I walked further until I saw Stanley Street and turned right. I walked straight to this uphill street and saw Yat Lok on my left.




  
I arrived at around 2 pm and was relieved to see that the place is not packed. I really intended to take my lunch late since reading from reviews, it was always stated that the place gets full most especially during lunch time. I entered the place and was attended to by a lady server who smiled at me and gave me a good seat. She handed the English menu and in no time, placed my order.


BBQ Portk and Goose (HKD 45) and Lemon Iced Tea (HKD 15)


I ordered the BBQ Pork and Goose with Rice and a Lemon Iced Tea. The serving is not too small and not hefty as well but just enough for a starving monster like me. The BBQ is bursting with flavor and is tender. But the star of the dish is their Roast Goose. Succulent pieces of chopped Roast Goose with super crispy skin! It was one of the best Roast Goose I have ever tasted in my life! Of course I just tasted a few Roast Goose here in the Philippines and I would say it's nothing close to what I have tasted in Hong Kong. :P

This place is somewhere I would go back again and again in Hong Kong. I have yet to try their Roast Goose noodles too!

Yat Lok Roast Goose Restaurant

34 - 38 Stanley Street, Central

Hong Kong 
Phone Number:  +852 2524 3882

Map of Yat Lok Restaurant

Comments

Popular Posts