Baffledchichi's Best of 2014



2014, whoa! What a year! 

This has perhaps been one of the most memorable year of my life so far. I have celebrated my 30th birthday earlier last year and an abundance of travels both here and abroad graced their presence in my life. I would admit, it hasn't been pleasant all throughout but I had my fair share of awesome things as well. There's too many to be thankful for in 2014. I had a fantastic year at work, my family is healthy, I got to travel more than I used to travel compared to past years. Everything seems splendid! 


Now let me share with you my best moments in the year 2014. 





I have spent my 30th birthday in Vietnam, this time in the city of Hanoi. I love Vietnam, and I always will. The food, the people and most specially how affordable everything is makes this country at the top of my to-go list. My time in Vietnam was filled with memories that I will cherish forever. I spent my birthday mid air , inside the plane going to Hanoi as the clock strikes 12, I saw the beautiful Halong Bay, ate sumptuous Vietnamese food once again, and mostly, spent wonderful time with fantastic friends that made the trip worthwhile


A delicious cup of Ca Phe Trung in Hanoi

With a new found friend David and his birthday surprise for me! 

A floating village in Halong Bay





We celebrated my mom's 60th birthday in Cebu and we had such a good time! This is my way of saying thanks to both mom and dad for everything they have done for me. I remember visiting Cebu with the whole family many years ago and was not able to go back anymore. Thank God for giving me a chance to treat mom and dad for a short vacation such as this. :) 

I love the fact that Cebu is a bustling city one moment and a quiet fishing town the next. The food is also amazing! I would go back again and again for the lechon and fresh seafoods. We also had a grand time in a boutique hotel in the heart of Cebu City. Splendid service!

Mama, celebrating her 60th birthday in Cebu

Wellcome Hotel in the heart of Cebu city

Delicious Palanganita of Shrimps in STK Ta Bay!, Cebu City

We had a great stay at Be Resorts Mactan






I had an amazing time with my friend Gladys during this trip. I have long been wanting to visit Iloilo and I think that she was the perfect companion for that trip. We both love to eat and Iloilo is a great place to sample traditional local cuisine. Batchoy, Kansi, fresh sea foods, what more can you ask for? It's a foodie paradise! 

Iloilo's Famous La Paz Batchoy at Netong's 

Great seafood meal at Breakthrough Restaurant

Corned Beef Kansi at  Punot

The majestic Miag-ao Church, a UNESCO World Heritage site





Finally, the beautiful island of Guimaras where you will find breathtaking scenery and delicious mangoes. The highlight of my trip there would be our visit to Guisi Lighthouse. It was such a beauty! I also enjoyed the surprisingly good Mango Pizza from The Pitsop restaurant. 

Ruins in front of Guisi Lighthouse.
Yes, I just have to strike a pose even if I don't usually like having my photo taken.


Guisi Lighthouse

The star of the Turtle Island! 

Breathtaking view of Guimaras

The Mango Pizza from The Pitstop Restaurant in Guimaras is surprisingly good!


Tremendous year of food and travels! I can sense that 2015 will bring me more fun and adventure, so bring it on, 2015! Happy New Year everyone! 

Comments

michymichymoo said…
Lovely photos, Ate Mel! I can't wait to go to Hanoi this year. Will ask you for recommendations ha. Hope to see you again soon! :)

Popular Posts