Vietnam Adventures (Hanoi)

To celebrate my 30th birthday, I have decided to go and spend 5 days in Hanoi for another great adventure. Truly, the trip did wonders, feeding the wanderlust in me and at the same time helped me in realizing more things as I embark on a new journey being 30.


Vietnam is a splendid country with a very unique culture. Their country had drawn me once again, wanting more especially their cuisine. Another thing that draws me back to Vietnam again and again is how affordable everything is. I have spent a total of just $200, excluding airfare, for my 5 day stay in Hanoi. I even had some leftover money and gave tips to almost everyone who serviced us. 

Money, money, money! Millionaire for 5 days! 
Hotel costs us USD25 per night
Halong Bay Day Tour for USD 35
Hoa Lu Tam Coc Day Tour for USD35
Hanoi Street Food Tour for USD20
Airport Transfers for USD32 (two way)


Let me sum up my short but very fulfilling vacation in Hanoi.

Minh Anh Hotel - Our home in Hanoi.

Boutique hotel situated in the heart of the Old Quarter. Splendid customer service, nice spacious rooms, excellent breakfast.



Halong Bay Day Tour - joined a group tour for this and experienced one of the UNESCO Worl Heritage site. The place is breathtaking!

Floating Village in Halong Bay


Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Day Tour - In this tour, we visited the ancient capital of Vietnam and experienced the country side living of the Vietnamese people. Biking, boating, and caving included!

Ancient Capital Of Vietnam in Hoa Lu

Group Shot! Enjoying the outskirts of Vietnam in Tam Coc

Hanoi City Tour - My companion and I tremendously  enjoyed getting lost inside the Old Quarter. Its chaotic and exotic which we both truly loved! We also went to the must see places in Hanoi like the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, St. Joseph's Cathedral, Hoan Kiem Lake, and so much more.

Huc Bridge

Turtle Pagoda

Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum

The chaotic streets of Hanoi


Hanoi Eats - Delectable Vietnamese cuisine never fails to entice my appetite. Found new favorites here and there, and once again tried the sumptuous Pho and Banh My!


Banh My

Bia Hoi! Delish delish!

Ca Phe Trung (Egg Coffee)

Pho Ga (Chicken Noodles)

I totally fell in love with Vietnam. This isn't my first time and I will certainly be back soon. Best thing about the trip is I have gained new friends and our friendships are getting better and better each and every day. :)

Cheers for friendships!!!

My very good friend David who helped me so much in making my trip to Hanoi 100% stress free


My fantastic travel buddy, "bugaw" and dialogue partner. Till our next trip!!!

Read more about my Hanoi trip: 

Minh Ahn Hotel (Hanoi)
Halong Bay  Day Tour
Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Day Tour
Hanoi City Tour 
Hanoi Eats

Comments

Popular Posts