Kowloon House All You Can Eat Lunch Buffet

Nostalgia at its finest!

When I was a little kid, when mom and dad still work at the university, both would always come home bringing my sister and I's favorite pasalubong. It is either a box of Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins or the Jumbo Siopao of Kowloon House. My childhood will never be the same without the memories of the soft, sweet white bun and the delectable slice of Chinese chorizo in the middle of the meat filling. It was simply heavenly. 

For Papa's 61st birthday, the whole family decided to have lunch at Kowloon House West Avenue. My family and I fancies Chinese food so much (minus the whole Chinese Food syndrome experienced after each Chinese cuisine feast) thus deciding to visit one classic Chinese restaurant to walk down the memory lane for our taste buds. 

Kowloon offers lunch and dinner buffet for Php 295 including the unlimited iced tea refills. Let me show you how the buffet spread looks like. 

For starters, they have Seaweeds, Century Eggs, Sharksfin and Pork Siomai and their signature Kowloon siopao. 

Seaweeds and Century Eggs

Siopao and Siomai

Now the Main Dishes:

Yang Chow Fried Rice and Plain White Rice



Brocolli and Garlic / Taiwan Pechay

KH Special Stirr Fried Noodle / Lohon Vegetables

Steamed Fish Fillet with Bean Curd and Soy Sauce / Fragrant Chicken 

Beef Tenderloin with Young Corn / Sweet and Sour Pork
Bacon Shrimp Roll / Pork Tausi Spareribs

Fried Chicken / Lumpiang Shanghai
Pata Tim / Crab Foo Yong

Steamed Pangasius with Light Soy Sauce

Stuffed Beancurd / Noodles for Mami



Condiments and Different Stuff for Mami
The desserts this time!


The classic Buchi

Brownies

Dont know what they call this one but it resembles the Filipino Sapin - sapin

The buffet spread in my opinion is fantastic! I'm a total sucker for Chinese food and the mere fact that two of my favorites are offered in the buffet (Sweet and Sour Pork and Siopao) made me totally ecstatic. Let me share with you whats in some of my plates. 


Plate # 1

A bowl of Yang Chow Fried Rice (I think I went for a second bowl after this) :P

Plate # 2
Now here's the verdict and recommendations :

I would have to give it a 3.5 / 5. It's actually a little biased for I love everything Chinese. The service is good, the staff is attentive to the guests needs, the place, although old is spic and span and the food itself is good. 

For the recommended dishes, I would have to give plus points to the following:


Beef Tenderloin with Young Corn
Sweet and Sour Pork 
Bacon Shrimp Roll
Pork Tausi Spareribs
Stuffed Beancurd
Siopao

The rest of the offerings are good but didn't really made me wow. 

Overall, my family and I's dining experience at Kowloon House is pleasant. Ma and Pa loved the classic Chinese dishes and my niece and nephews enjoyed and experienced another family favorite. Come on, let's consider the price too. Ain't it cheap at Php 295? You get nostalgia and value for your money all in one instance. Shall I go back to Kowloon House? Definitely will do. :) 

Kowloon House
West Avenue
16 West Ave
West Triangle, Quezon City
(02) 372-3685 to 92 loc 101-104






Comments

There's a deal for this buffet at Metrodeal now for just P199! Was hesitant to get one but after reading your post, im definitely on it! :) thanks! :)
Mel said…
Hi Berrylle! For P199? Sayang! I felt robbed! Hahahaha. Im kiddin. Pero go try it. Masarap naman sya eh. :)
michymichymoo said…
I love Chinese! (hehehehe...), my fam loves eating Chinese food too, so we might just give this a try. :)
Unknown said…
wow..so affordable..=) i'll try it..=)
I saw the current deal on Metrodeal too, and now I'm decided to grab the chance! :D Although even at P295, this is already very affordable and sulit! :)
chyngreyes.com said…
very good deal!!! ang sulit naman neto.
Anonymous said…
what time exactly they serve this promo??
Street Life said…
This Sunday heading Kowloon House West. I will try as you said
Mel said…
Hi Street Life! Enjoy and let me know what you think. :D

Popular Posts