Mr. Bean (Eastwood Mall, Libis)


Nah, this isn't about that funny old man on Disney channel but a newly opened small shop at Eastwood Mall. 

After gorging on Sisig, Bistek Tagalog and Lechon Paksiw for our dinner, me and my friends decided wash out all the cholesterol and finish it clean with something healthy. (Alright thats a bluff, I just told them I wanted to try this new place out. None of that healthy thingy claim I said.) Hahaha!

My friend Ina and Hannah already visited the place last week but unfortunately I didn't make it since I was with the Pex Foodies to try out that Korean eatery in Ortigas. Good thing they've already visited the places for they have made reccomendations on what's good and whats not in their menu. 

The place is small only accommodating around 4 small tables inside. It was packed (with healthbuffs and curious tummies I guess) that time when we arrived but we managed to grab a table after some minutes of waiting. 

The place is overly lit with warm yellow lights creating an upbeat atmosphere. The place was a little warm when we got it and quite frankly it wasn't that comfortable. 

I was in the mood to sample a taho concoction but unfortunately the only interesting looking item on their menu is not available (i.e. Black Sesame and Peanut Rice Ball w/ Taho). However, I was equally interested with their Pancakes and so I have ordered all 4 flavors (Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Cheese and Kaya). 

The area where the pancakes are cooked is actually just right beside the cashier thus making the customers enticed by its sweet aroma and be delighted with the process of cooking it. Cooked pancakes are also displayed. 

Kaya and Cheese Pancakes


Chocolate and Peanut Pancakes

They cook the pancakes right in front of you. It smells sooo good!
For the drinks, my buddies ordered their Icy Soy concoctions, Icy Soya, Strawberry, Chocolate and for me the free Mocha Icy Soy which one can get for every 300 PhP purchase. Oh and they would also ask you on your preferred sweetness level. 

Got the Free Icy Mocha Soya Milk!

Not too sweet for me please. :D
Okidoks, now here's what we ordered. First the soya based drinks. 

Icy Soya ( Regular Php90 / Large Php100)


Icy Strawberry (Regular Php 95 / Large Php105)

Icy Chocolate ( Regular Php 100 / Large Php  110)

Icy Mocha (Regular Php 100 / Large Php 110) - I got mine for free though. :D


Yum!

I liked the Icy Soy concoctions, all of them. Perhaps because the soya taste is very prominent in all the drinks we have ordered, not being overpowered by the flavors that was added to each drink. The soya aftertaste that lingers in each gulp was for me very refreshing. The price however was a little costly for the size. 


Now the pancakes...

Peanut Butter Pancake (Php 65)

Chocolate Pancake (Php 70)

Cheese Pancake (Php 75)

Kaya Pancake (Php 75)

***What is Kaya? Kaya is coconut egg jam popular in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and some parts of South East Asia. It is made from coconut milk, sugar, eggs and flavored with pandan leaves (thus the green color).

As for the pancakes, not everything impressed us. I would rave about tke Kaya and the Cheese Pancakes but would rant about the Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pancakes. 

The Kaya inside the pancake isn't that sweet as a I have expected. I love the refreshing coconut taste that went well with the pancake which is not that sweet as well. The Cheese pancake is also a winner for me. They used a basic cream cheese for the filling. 

I did not like the Peanut Butter pancake. I wonder what brand of peanut butter they have used for that? Lily's? Ludy's? Hahaha! Coz it tasted like cheap peanut butter. I was expecting something better for 65 bucks, come on! The chocolate filling in the Chocolate Pancake is not good as well. I was expecting a milky, dairy based chocolate but I was disappointed. Its just sweet. That's it. No hint of the chocolate flavor I was expecting. 

In totality, I think that the quality of the food that they offer is not as high as I was expecting. They're a little pricey too. But I would have to commend the service. Staff are friendly and very accommodating. 

Would I go back? Pwede. Pero hmmm.... If im craving for soya stuff. yeah. :) 

Mr. Bean
G/F Eastwood Mall
Eastwood City, Libis 
Quezon City

Comments

michymichymoo said…
Interesting place, but the pancake's kinda pricey. :P Parang yung sa street yan di ba?


http://www.dekaphobe.com/
i♥pinkc00kies said…
i'd love to try!! my mom said the pancakes are good. i miss Jollibean tuloy in SG.
Mel said…
Yep pricey nga. Yeah yan yun sa mga street vendors. Hehehe.
Unknown said…
Perfect for heavy breakfast! :) They will open another branch in Lucky Chinatown Mall. Looking forward to try it :D

http://sundays-avenue.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Oooo...we have lots of those here in SG but usually booths or kiosks lang. Haven't seen one where you can sit and dine pa.

Try their ice cream. Tastes just like taho, in ice cream form. =)

It's ok naman but I don't like ordering there most of the time kasi I don't like some of their servers. Some aren't very friendly. =(
Mel said…
Yup been to SG Tin and I saw some kiosk nga serving these treats. Its actually just another fad store na naman I think. Though people nowadays really opt for more healthy options with their food choices.
sheena said…
super cute packaging! i love kaya on just toasted bread, i wonder how awesome it is on pancakes?

shnappy.wordpress.com
Mel said…
Hi Sheena! If kaya on toast is fantastic, make kaya on pancakes excellent! :) Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

Popular Posts