Alone Again, Naturally

I have been to many stages of singlehood. But the phase I hate the most is the one im having right now. I dont know if its just me or the situation that surfaced just recently. I am single and I am alone, well atleast that how I feel at the moment. I have been single for quite some time now but I havent really felt alone. Not until my best girl buds all get hitched. To start the year, my dear friend Emelie took a plunge into marriage with her long time bf. Kay and Cathy are still in their long time relationhips. Diana, also in a relationship actually just waiting to be wed. Then just recently, Tara got engaged with her american boyfriend, and Reign got a new bf and in a bliss. Dont get me wrong, there's no strain of bitterness and resentment in my emotions. in fact I am happy for I know these friends of mine do deserve these relationships they have. I just thought it somehow left me feeling like I am getting far away from them. I was thinking, do I still have single friends to mingle with? I mean single close friends I can run to when I need a quick ice cream fix or when im itching to shop. Someone I can share my single sentiments with, pouring out my man hater thoughts and silly romantic ideas. Someone I could call in the middle of the night when im feeling lonely and would gladly nurse the feeling coz she feels the same way as I do.

Its already different. I know they cant give any attention to petty things I have been whining about. Not even think that the things I am whining about in being a lovelorn is relevant.

Talking to my friend Mark earlier, he told me how difficult it was to be in the situation I am right now. He mentioned being in the same situation few years back when all his friends are hitched and he was left in purdah.

Hmmm, I guess I could just stay in isolation until I find the right time to get out. Well of course I ve been wanting to get out of this but I know I have to wait for the right time. For I know my friends waited for long to be in the situation they are in.

Comments

Popular Posts